• Cakewalk Instruments
  • DP: I know I was stupid to use the Sonar preset function, but how do I fix it now? (p.2)
2014/12/09 22:12:54
swamptooth
Really hope this helps!
2014/12/19 00:32:18
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
I apologize for not responding sooner.

In general NOTHING the user can change should be located in a buried/hidden folder.

The buried folder you refer to is used by some stuff but not everything. Historical inconsistency. And the dumbness of CW managers to follow the idiocy of MS user separation.

Currently when I save a preset it is saved in a NUMBERED folder in C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Shared Presets. Truly annoying as I have a folder on the D drive for ALL presets and progs,.... I can direct the plug save function to save to this folder. But, the progs do not appear in the DP default progs dialog, unless I save them to the DP folder.

I have copied presets into the correct folder for DP, SD,... but they are not recognized. This sorta indicates that the preset files are somehow referenced in the windows registry.

I hate the windows registry. An amazingly stupid bit of concept. "Let's put all kinds of user information in a file that is not properly protected, and is nearly impossible for users to backup and restore."  Stupid.

I appreciate your help.  I will continue the quest, and once again look in the folder area you suggest.

RJ

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account