• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.10)
2017/11/24 10:03:13
THambrecht
Just for all:
The Cubase 9.5 Demo comes THE NEXT DAYS.
I have sent an request to Steinberg and got this answer.
2017/11/24 10:29:18
pwalpwal
why did this post get a sticky? are steinberg cakewalk's preferred replacement?
2017/11/24 10:29:21
Rob from Sydney
Anyone know whether competitive crossgrades are available in Australia?  My guess is no - all the music shops here only have full price, upgrade or educational versions, probably some licensing deal with the local distributor I guess.

Steinberg.net detects Australia (it offers me prices in $AUD) but only has upgrades from within previous versions or lower levels of Cubase; or "crossgrades" from Cubase to Nuendo.  It doesn't even offer an outright intial purchase from what I can see.

Otherwise I might look at sweetwater as a download then buy a USB dongle locally?
2017/11/24 10:35:19
Karyn
pwalpwal

I did it in a attempt at keeping the main forum clear of dozens of "Steinberg has a special offer..." threads.  
Folk still have genuine "support" requests they want help with and they're being buried/ignored.

There will be a similar sticky when PreSonus announce their special offer for Sonar users on Tuesday.

It is a service for Sonar users.
2017/11/24 10:44:09
pwalpwal
fair enough, maybe give the mixcraft guy one too? he's posted the most so far! and someone else, n-track was it?

edit, because actually probably just one "cross grade offers" thread would be tidiest
2017/11/24 11:31:15
Wibbles
How about a new Vultures sub-forum? 
2017/11/24 11:36:30
tonydude
I'd like to thank Greg from Cubase. I'm based in the UK and I will be taking up the offer to crossgrade.

The steinberg website is currently showing the crossgrade price as £248 for the boxed version only.

Is this the offer? Will there be a download version?

~ Tony
2017/11/24 11:57:23
Jari
tonydude
I'd like to thank Greg from Cubase. I'm based in the UK and I will be taking up the offer to crossgrade.

The steinberg website is currently showing the crossgrade price as £248 for the boxed version only.

Is this the offer? Will there be a download version?

~ Tony

It's a download. The box includes the eLicencer dongle. There's an option to buy Media Content (DVD version) for about 7-8 euros. I just placed an order (+ Media Content) earlier today.
2017/11/24 11:58:31
Leee
Karyn
pwalpwal

I did it in a attempt at keeping the main forum clear of dozens of "Steinberg has a special offer..." threads.  
Folk still have genuine "support" requests they want help with and they're being buried/ignored.

There will be a similar sticky when PreSonus announce their special offer for Sonar users on Tuesday.

It is a service for Sonar users.

Well, one thing's for certain.  I guess this means Cakewalk has no secret deal in the works for a buyout from another company.  Otherwise they wouldn't be allowing these competitor's side-grade offers to be posted in this forum, especially not pinning them to the top. 
But the special deals are appreciated by most of us, and gives us more options.  Whether to keep using Sonar until it doesn't work anymore, or start learning to use another program.... or both.
2017/11/24 12:01:15
Ron2112
Leee

Well, one thing's for certain.  I guess this means Cakewalk has no secret deal in the works for a buyout from another company.  Otherwise they wouldn't be allowing these competitor's side-grade offers to be posted in this forum, especially not pinning them to the top. 
But the special deals are appreciated by most of us, and gives us more options.  Whether to keep using Sonar until it doesn't work anymore, or start learning to use another program.... or both.

Not sure you can draw that conclusion.  Forum mods here aren't Cakewalk employees, nor do their actions need a priori permission from Cakewalk.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account