• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.11)
2017/11/24 12:08:40
dannyjmusic
Question for Creg
... Does Cubase have a feature similar to the Studio One arranger track?
I love the way you can section off the different parts of your song and drag them to create different Arrangements
2017/11/24 12:10:25
jerrydf
"Cubase Pro 9.5 Crossgrade ... Proof of eligibilty required"
[edit]

... so I added the Crossgrade to the shopping cart. 
The process requires proof of eligibility to select from a drop-down box of various products, but Cakewalk/Sonar isn't there, at least not yet.

jdf
2017/11/24 12:15:00
Jari
jerrydf
What proof is required?

jdf

https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/crossgrades.html
  • A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
  • A screenshot of your product registration
  • A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
2017/11/24 12:17:50
Leee
Ron2112
Leee

Well, one thing's for certain.  I guess this means Cakewalk has no secret deal in the works for a buyout from another company.  Otherwise they wouldn't be allowing these competitor's side-grade offers to be posted in this forum, especially not pinning them to the top. 
But the special deals are appreciated by most of us, and gives us more options.  Whether to keep using Sonar until it doesn't work anymore, or start learning to use another program.... or both.

Not sure you can draw that conclusion.  Forum mods here aren't Cakewalk employees, nor do their actions need a priori permission from Cakewalk.

You may be right.  But in this situation, if I were a Cakewalk executive working on a buyout deal, I'd try to discreetly discourage these competitor offers in order to retain the user base.  But people are gonna do whatever they feel is most comfortable and secure.  And if that means buying a new DAW program immediately, then that's what they're going to do.  I'm going to keep on using Sonar Platinum, since I've invested so much time and money into it.  While at the same time, keep my eyes open for deals, try out demos, and just be prepared for any eventuality.

2017/11/24 12:22:23
jerrydf
Jari
jerrydf
What proof is required?

jdf

• A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
  • A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.

Thanks Jari, - so a screenshot from My Cakewalk account page, I presume?

[edit]
I found it - the page that says my membership ends on [infinity]
(or November 2017, whichever comes first)

jdf 
2017/11/24 12:29:12
Jari
jerrydf
Jari
jerrydf
What proof is required?

jdf

Thanks Jari, - so a screenshot from My Cakewalk account page, I presume?

jdf 

I guess that would be ok. I sent them a screenshot of my receipt for the upgrade to Platinum.
2017/11/24 12:39:30
35mm
Could there not just be 1 locked thread in the announcements on crossgrade offers? This would keep things clearer and if it was updated by mods it wouldn't seem like rival companies are trying to cash in on our misfortune so much.
2017/11/24 12:47:48
jerrydf
Ok - done that. For anyone considering this course, what happens is you fill the order form, you're then asked for proof. I sent a screenshot of the page with the Platinum registration. Then it says (something like ...) "your request for eligibility is to be reviewed, you will be contacted within two days ...".  No money has changed hands at this point.

So - now I wait.

jdf
2017/11/24 12:50:44
Joe_A
John
I am very interested in moving on to Cubase. I had Cubase SX 1,2 and 3. after Emagic was bought by Apple. I still have my dongle. I have loved Sonar but I see no reason to continue with it. The offer of a grossgrade to Cubase 9.5 is very thoughtful of the Steinberg team. I thank you for doing this at this time. 

I hope we are given some time to gather our thoughts on this and that this offer it in effect for awhile.  

Ditto.
2017/11/24 12:54:05
Joe_A
I didn't make the S1 Pro purchase Wed. night as initially planned. Thought I'd wait a week.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account