• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.12)
2017/11/24 12:56:08
Joe_A
pwalpwal
why did this post get a sticky? are steinberg cakewalk's preferred replacement?

At this point I don't care what Cakewalk's preferred replacement is. It might be a Gibson sneaky plan.
2017/11/24 13:02:56
Makzimia
@Greg Ondo, thanks for popping in Greg. You have my money :) I actually had been sitting at 7.5 for sometime, due to moving first back to Sonar, then my Mac so, Logic Pro X. Time to realise with the failure first of Sonar to move to making a Mac version, now it's freeze in dev. I am happy to get back to a DAW that will cross the OS divide for future proofing, my sanity and my wallet, (lord knows what a future Mac Pro will cost, as my 2012 Mac gets older and older).

Cheers,

Tony
2017/11/24 13:05:13
Karyn
Joe_A
I didn't make the S1 Pro purchase Wed. night as initially planned. Thought I'd wait a week.

PreSonus are announcing a special offer for Sonar users on Tuesday.

I have no idea what it will be or even if it will be better or worse than the current Black Friday deal.  I'm merely trying to keep Sonar users informed when specific offers are made and keep the main forum clear of "chatter" so that folk with Sonar questions can get them answered.
2017/11/24 13:14:40
cityrat
dannyjmusic
Question for Creg
... Does Cubase have a feature similar to the Studio One arranger track?
I love the way you can section off the different parts of your song and drag them to create different Arrangements

Yes.  I think Cubase was the one that came up with the arranger thing in the first place.
2017/11/24 13:34:20
Jari
jerrydf
Ok - done that. For anyone considering this course, what happens is you fill the order form, you're then asked for proof. I sent a screenshot of the page with the Platinum registration. Then it says (something like ...) "your request for eligibility is to be reviewed, you will be contacted within two days ...".  No money has changed hands at this point.

So - now I wait.

jdf

I just received e-mail from Steinberg Online Shop: "Your eligibility verification request was successful."

So it took about 5 hours. Not bad.
2017/11/24 13:41:38
Joe_A
So my new goal is to be operational in some fashion with a new DAW software package by Saturday week.

As far as changing...I'm in IT field, a lot of things will be new but not unfamiliar or impossible. That may be many others' position I'd think... 😊
2017/11/24 14:29:21
joden
Not sure why everyone is abandoning ship as it were...Cakewalk have advised that all legal users will get a special code that will allow off-line licencing IF/WHEN the servers are shut down. So therefore the current version of Sonar will work for years.

Further forget the whole Windows compatibility thing, I can still load up Home Studio and Sonar 8.5 on a W10 machine and they still run. So, I think there is a lot of "sheepish" action going on here TBH!
2017/11/24 14:35:06
Ken Matson
If I were a hobbyist or semi-pro - just doing my own music, etc - I might agree. But as a pro studio, I have to consider reputation and positioning, and running with a "dead" product won't help that at all. It has been tough enough over the years explaining "why i use SONAR" - now it would be fatal.
2017/11/24 14:38:02
synkrotron
Ken Matson
If I were a hobbyist or semi-pro - just doing my own music, etc - I might agree. But as a pro studio, I have to consider reputation and positioning, and running with a "dead" product won't help that at all. It has been tough enough over the years explaining "why i use SONAR" - now it would be fatal.

I totally agree with your standpoint, given your situation. I, too, would be dropping SONAR like a hot cake and seriously considering Cubase as a replacement.
2017/11/24 14:38:46
35mm
joden
Not sure why everyone is abandoning ship as it were...Cakewalk have advised that all legal users will get a special code that will allow off-line licencing IF/WHEN the servers are shut down. So therefore the current version of Sonar will work for years.

Further forget the whole Windows compatibility thing, I can still load up Home Studio and Sonar 8.5 on a W10 machine and they still run. So, I think there is a lot of "sheepish" action going on here TBH!

I'm inclined to agree, but Sonar at the moment is no longer developed or supported and those are important factors for any professional users. I will continue using Sonar while it still works, but I will need to get and learn a new platform for any serious work going forward. Now could be the best time to get the most favorable crossgrade discount!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account