• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.13)
2017/11/24 14:43:18
konradh
I have been considering alternatives.  This post alone tips the balance towards Cubase, which was already a top contender and I appreciate Steinberg's response.  Steinberg could have taken a number of approaches to entice Cakewalk users.  This approach is commendable.

2017/11/24 14:43:34
Markubl2
Has anyone seen the 50% off deal in the US?  Not on the Steinberg shop or Sweetwater.
2017/11/24 14:50:57
Jari
joden
Not sure why everyone is abandoning ship as it were...Cakewalk have advised that all legal users will get a special code that will allow off-line licencing IF/WHEN the servers are shut down. So therefore the current version of Sonar will work for years.

Further forget the whole Windows compatibility thing, I can still load up Home Studio and Sonar 8.5 on a W10 machine and they still run. So, I think there is a lot of "sheepish" action going on here TBH!

3rd party plugins will stop working sooner or later. Is it just me and my twisted imagination or am I seeing a lot of stubborn optimism here?

"Not sure why everyone is abandoning ship as it were..." I'm pretty sure someone thought same ways on the deck of sinking Titanic.
2017/11/24 14:51:43
jerrydf
Sonar continues ... maybe so, maybe not.  If there is any doubt, I don't want to spend valuable time on projects where the platform could collapse at any moment (and it could).

Anyway, 'tis done. I have my Cubase Pro crossgrade order in.

jdf
2017/11/24 14:57:18
Karyn
konradh
I have been considering alternatives.  This post alone tips the balance towards Cubase, which was already a top contender and I appreciate Steinberg's response.  Steinberg could have taken a number of approaches to entice Cakewalk users.  This approach is commendable.

PreSonus are announcing a Sonar specific offer on Tuesday, but until then we have no details of what it will be.
2017/11/24 15:02:13
Unknowen
Cakewalk is 100 times better then anything else! you don't need to run out and get a new DAW just because they wave it under your nose! and at the end of the day you will end up using Sonar even if you waste money on this other ..... daws..... 
2017/11/24 15:04:46
Karyn
11Dreams
Cakewalk is 100 times better then anything else! you don't need to run out and get a new DAW just because they wave it under your nose! and at the end of the day you will end up using Sonar even if you waste money on this other ..... daws..... 

This is true,  I only have Sonar in my studio and it will stay that way.  However, I run Studio One on my McBook as there was a slight issue with the Sonar port over to mac....
2017/11/24 15:05:17
Unknowen
konradh

So you like Spammers on the Cakewalk forum? wow!  
2017/11/24 15:11:43
Karyn
ok, that's enough now.  You've made your point clear.
2017/11/24 15:38:26
AndrewLMacaulay
Can you provide details of the hangout (URL, etc.) and how you want questions submitted.

Greg Ondo
My name is Greg Ondo and I have represented Steinberg products for over 25 years in the United States.  We were shocked to hear of Gibson's decision to cease development of the Cakewalk brand and products.....

We wanted to invite you to attend an interactive google hangout where you can ask specific questions on how to translate your workflows in a Cubase environment.  You can send questions on what a feature is called in Cubase, where to locate and execute a function or how to do a specific type of edit.  There may be features not available currently in Cubase and there will probably many that are similar but have different names....

If you are interested in attending the google hangout you can watch it live or offline and find info about it at  at 12 PM US Eastern time November 28th.  You can also submit questions in advance to .  We will go through the submitted questions and do multiple hangouts or create a series if necessary.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account