• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.14)
2017/11/24 15:46:03
Greg Ondo
mrpippy2
Greg, will there be a 9.5 demo released before the Sonar crossgrade offer goes away? And does Melodyne function well in Cubase? I'm seeing a few posts about lack of ARA support and I'm not sure if this is necessary for Melodyne to work in a DAW. Thanks for the offer and any reply!

I think that they are working hard to get a trial version available as soon as possible.  The Vari Audio works great and is just a part of the sample editor and can generate vocal harmonies that tie in musically with the chord track.  I have not used other pitch tools since it was released.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 15:47:09
Nomad69
Where is the special pricing Mr. Steinberg?
Today is the 24th...

2017/11/24 15:53:53
TerraSin
husker
Has anyone seen the 50% off deal in the US?  Not on the Steinberg shop or Sweetwater.

It apparently won't be available in the US until after the holiday according to what he posted on KVR.
2017/11/24 16:35:57
Hangdog Cat
I found this on YouTube, entitled Cubase Migration Hangout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKdr7YZCcgw

So that's apparently what Greg was referring to.

Also, as soon as I see the lower Cubase crossgrade price posted, I'm pulling the trigger. I have no idea as to how long Sonar will continue to function. It could be many years, for all I know. But the uncertainty is enough to make me seek other options. I can't see investing any additional time into a dying platform. Cubase seems to be a mature and well thought out DAW which I am looking forward to using. 

Unlike some, I'm grateful to Cubase for posting here and for their special offer. I don't see them as vultures...not at all. They are simply smart business people who know that helping us at this time will help them in the long run. That sounds like a win-win to me.
2017/11/24 16:37:20
lawajava
Worries / concerns about the eLicenser (or iLok) are unfounded from my experience. They work, they are not a burden. They allow you to use software that is protected by them.

I have both of those official dongles, and I have a Waves USB flash drive (a dongle based on any flash drive). So I have three dongles hanging off my laptop. They are bling.

And I have access to a stupendous amount of great software capability. Going dongle less would be very constricting.

The eLicenser dongle applies not only to Cubase but to some other fantastic effects and applications.

P.S. Obviously with three dongles I'm using a USB mini hub that takes just one USB port. The three dongles attach to the mini hub.
2017/11/24 16:43:15
amiller
So, what about docking and undocking views. For instance, while working in Sonar, I always have track view on one monitor while I have console view on another monitor. Is that possible in Cubase? In Sonar I can undock any view and simple drag it to another monitor.
2017/11/24 16:53:56
scoble08
Greg.
Will Vari Audio convert polyphonic Audio to midi easily?
2017/11/24 17:04:59
AT
Cubase is obviously the "safe" choice, if you want to jump into a full-fledged choice.  I remember liking it low these many years ago before choosing Cakewalk's Plasma I got in one of those mags.  But looping?  I'm in, when only ACID did it too.

I'm not quite ready to jump and I have tons of demos to try.  But if I was ready to replace SONAR I'd probably buy Steinberg/Yamaha.  I like SONAR better but in Yamaha I'd trust, and they own Cubase.  Yamaha isn't going anywhere if you are feeling the burn right now.  
2017/11/24 17:04:59
AT

2017/11/24 17:26:50
pjchappy78
Here is what is posted on Steinberg's Facebook page (emphasis added):

https://www.facebook.com/Steinberg/photos/a.473445811044.254785.47279836044/10155180083811045/?type=3

"Tough times don’t last. But music does. To give your creativity and your production a new home, Steinberg is welcoming all Sonar Platinum and Professional customers with a 50% welcome offer to #Cubase Pro. The crossgrade will be available next week for a limited time at participating retailers worldwide! #Crossgrade #offer #Promotion #DAW #Cakewalk #Music #Sonar"
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account