• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.16)
2017/11/24 19:52:26
deswind
Thanks - I am still going with Cubase!  And thanks to Cakewalk for working it our where the authorizations can continue in the future (though the program may not work with later versions of windows - but what else can they do!)

35mm
deswind
This ARA issues - does this mean that in Cubase, there is more latency using plugins?

No. It means that you can't use tools like Melodyne right in the track view. You would have to use it as a plugin insert instead.

2017/11/24 19:54:33
Skyline_UK
jerrydf
Ok - done that. For anyone considering this course, what happens is you fill the order form, you're then asked for proof. I sent a screenshot of the page with the Platinum registration. Then it says (something like ...) "your request for eligibility is to be reviewed, you will be contacted within two days ...".  No money has changed hands at this point.
So - now I wait.
jdf

Thanks JDF.  I was puzzled as to (a) what to provide and (b) how to provide it.  I baulked because I didn't want to pay money over first.  BTW, doesn't it seem from posts above that a cheaper offer will be made available 'next week'?
2017/11/24 19:55:55
35mm
deswind
Thanks - I am still going with Cubase!  And thanks to Cakewalk for working it our where the authorizations can continue in the future (though the program may not work with later versions of windows - but what else can they do!)

35mm
deswind
This ARA issues - does this mean that in Cubase, there is more latency using plugins?

No. It means that you can't use tools like Melodyne right in the track view. You would have to use it as a plugin insert instead.

I'm sure Sonar will work for a long time yet. Some people are still using Sonar 8.5 on Win 10! So it could be many years.
2017/11/24 21:06:38
Helene Kolpakova
Greg Ondo You can also submit questions in advance to .  We will go through the submitted questions and do multiple hangouts or create a series if necessary.

I tried to list a bunch of questions that are kinda important to my workflow as a SONAR user. They are NOT ordered by priority. And I'd say many of them are kinda crucial though seemingly unimportant.
  1. What algorithms are used for offline pitch-shifting/time-stretching?
  2. What algorithms are used for offline resampling?
  3. What algorithms are used for dithering?
  4. Do you support 64-bit files?
  5. Are project sample rate and device output independent (with real-time resampling) or tightly linked?
  6. Can I enforce plugin oversampling per-instance?
  7. Can I do per-track/per-group rendering with one export?
  8. What formats are available for export? FLAC support? Which MP3 encoder is used - configurable?
  9. What kind of console emulation comes with Cubase Pro?
  10. ARA integration is missing, right?
  11. Can I send/output tracks to tracks and other advanced routing? (think Sonar Aux tracks/Reaper)
  12. Do you have MIDI sends?
  13. Real-time MIDI Output recording works, right?
  14. Enable track recording and monitoring during playback is possible, right?
  15. FX drag-and-drop to copy/move FX across tracks?
  16. Quick groups to control the same parameter on multiple tracks?
  17. Advanced plug-in management with plug-in renaming, auto-preference for VST3 x64 if several are detected?
  18. Does Cubase have Exclusive Solo mode? (i.e. only the selected track is soloed)
  19. Does Cubase have configurable Dim Solo Mode (i.e. reduce volume on the non-soloed track by N dB instead of mute)?
  20. Can I choose how many outputs from a VST are added to the Console view?
  21. What kind of track metering options are available?
  22. Full-screen mode?

2017/11/24 22:08:18
Greg Ondo
11Dreams
BENT
Hi All, I'm saddened been here since ProAudio 4.5 but life go's on.
Can someone please tell me if I can run a Cubase demo without having a dongle e licenser
Thanks

Maybe the "Cubase forum" is the place to ask!

The Cubase Elements trial will work with a soft elicenser.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:11:56
Greg Ondo
ampfixer
How do we view this hangout thing? It's on the 28th but no link.

The hangout will be on the cubase  youtube channel.  The forum is not allowing me to post any links probably as I am a new member.  If someone wants to email me at  I can provide a direct link that maybe someone else can share in the forum.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:20:17
Greg Ondo
dannyjmusic
Question for Creg
... Does Cubase have a feature similar to the Studio One arranger track?
I love the way you can section off the different parts of your song and drag them to create different Arrangements

Yes, we have had our arranger track since around 2004 for non linear arrangements.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:23:15
Karyn
Greg,  check your PM...
2017/11/24 22:24:58
rmfegley
Greg Ondo

The hangout will be on the cubase  youtube channel.  The forum is not allowing me to post any links probably as I am a new member.  If someone wants to email me at  I can provide a direct link that maybe someone else can share in the forum.

All the best,

Greg

Another user posted it already, here it is again

Cubase Migration Hangout

https://www.youtube.com/w...7YZCcgw&authuser=0

2017/11/24 22:29:01
Greg Ondo
husker
Has anyone seen the 50% off deal in the US?  Not on the Steinberg shop or Sweetwater.

It is now available at several locations in the US that I see including Sweetwater, ADK Pro audio, Full Compass and AudioDawg I believe.  I am sure others are coming online soon.

All the best,

Greg
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account