• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.17)
2017/11/24 22:32:20
Greg Ondo
Nomad69
Where is the special pricing Mr. Steinberg?
Today is the 24th...

We have jumped through a lot of hoops to make this available to our dealer channel on such short notice of the news and an incredibly hectic retail day.  It is now online at Full Compass, Audiodawg, Sweetwater and ADK Pro Audio I believe.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:36:34
Greg Ondo
amiller
So, what about docking and undocking views. For instance, while working in Sonar, I always have track view on one monitor while I have console view on another monitor. Is that possible in Cubase? In Sonar I can undock any view and simple drag it to another monitor.

In version 9 many of the windows are dockable which is convenient for a single screen or laptop use.  each window can be freely located on any available screen and instantly recalled via a workspace that configures the screen layouts of windows as presets that can be assigned globally or specifically to a project.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:45:27
Greg Ondo
tonydude
My gut reaction is Cubase, partly because it is so well established and part of Yamaha.

However lack of ARA support is a deal breaker. I could not have finished my recent album without it.

Does Cubase 9.5 support ARA and if not, will it definitely be in the next version?
Is it possible to use 32bit and 64bit plugin's in the same instance of Cubase? 

~ Tony

Cubase does offer ARA support but has a lot of functionality built in such as the VAri Audio editor for pitch correction.

Cubase natively only supports 64 bit plug-ins but with a 3rd party bridging solution like j-bridge people can run 32 bit plug-ins as well.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:45:52
MusicforMovies
Thank you Greg for the support and reply; any more information on how to join this hangout on Nov. 28 would be helpful.  Thanks! 
2017/11/24 22:48:06
Greg Ondo
scoble08
Greg.
Will Vari Audio convert polyphonic Audio to midi easily?

Vari audio handles monophonic audio currently.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 22:49:39
rmfegley
You know, kind of funny, but back in 1997 I was all set to buy Cubase VST 3.xx, even though the only DAWs I'd ever seen or used were Opcode Studiovision (irony alert!) in an actual studio and Cakewalk Home Studio on a buddy's PC. When I went to the music store to pick it up, the sales guy talked to me for a long time and I ended buying Cakewalk Pro Audio 6, based a lot on what he had to say about its MIDI features (I was using an Alesis D4 drum module and Studioware panels were impressive to me). I just got on the learning/upgrade train then and had no reason to look elsewhere, though at some time in the early 2000's I picked up FL, and more recently have added Maschine into my workflow. And I don't regret it all, Cakewalk/Sonar have always been exceptional IMO. But now, two decades later, here I am, looking seriously at moving to...Cubase.
2017/11/24 22:58:13
Markubl2
Thank you Greg for the offer and getting this done.  Just ordered. 
2017/11/24 23:08:40
rmfegley
Greg Ondo

each window can be freely located on any available screen and instantly recalled via a workspace that configures the screen layouts of windows as presets that can be assigned globally or specifically to a project.

Can they be assigned/recalled with keyboard shortcuts?

Also, just watching the "What's new" intro video, I see that Cubase has bezier automation curves, something that FL Studio has had for a long time but which I've been wishing to see in Sonar as well. And I've only recently come across the term VCA fader and wasn't sure what it did, but seeing it in the demo video it looks awesome, actually. 

Still lots of questions but I plan on attending the migration hangout with those.
2017/11/25 00:00:28
cityrat
Can we get an idea of how long the offer will be? 
Would really like to try a demo and don't want to "miss" the deal if I like it.
Where can I get a demo version (have a eLicencer)?

2017/11/25 00:30:52
Cactus Music
I downloaded the demo, it wouldn't install said there were errors, might have been an internet hick up because the server must be pretty busy. But now my elicencer is telling me Wav Lab is not autorized,, It still works. I'll try again.. I imagine the demo turns into a ligit version if you purchase it , right, IN otherwords I won't have to download 2x. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account