• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.18)
2017/11/25 00:40:18
cityrat
Cactus Music
I downloaded the demo

WHAT demo?  Can you give me a link?  Can't find it anywhere.
2017/11/25 00:40:19
deswind
I ordered it from Sweetwater.   A very fair price!  
THANKS,
AB
2017/11/25 00:57:06
John
11Dreams
Karyn
You'll not be able to put the same license on two dongles.   But even the Sonar license doesn't allow you to use Sonar in two places at once....  they trust you to keep it single user, even if you loaded many machines.

So is it that you are a spokesperson for Steinberg  here?  you pinned this sales ad here against the rules!

You should understand the Karyn is trying to help our members make a transition. You telling a host about rules is laughable. We hosts are sticking to the rules. One big one is no personal attacks. These are extraordinary times on this forum. I applaud Karyn in trying to make a bad situation better. Please stop trying to prevent the distribution of important information.
2017/11/25 01:37:16
wmountney
Ken Matson
Yeah while I know Cubase is fine software, the combination of having to have a hardware dongle and the lack of ARA support is enough to probably push me to Studio One.

Yeah, and if you think about it, it seems very unlikely that Steinberg will ever add ARA support to Cubase.  I think that because they created two of the fundamental pro audio standards, ASIO and VST, their ego will now not allow them to embrace any pro audio standard that they didn't create themselves.  They even felt a need to replicate the functionality of iLoK with their eLicenser system, including all of its good and bad aspects, right down to copying some of the same terminology and procedures of iLoK, such as their "Zero Downtime" process.

The most likely thing Steinberg would do to support ARA plugins would be creating their own API to replicate the functionality of ARA, and then expecting Celemony and Synchro Arts and to come out with versions of their plugins to work with that system.  But they probably wouldn't even do that unless they needed such a system to support one of their own plugins.
2017/11/25 01:46:56
armodeus
bump

2017/11/25 01:49:12
Taurean Mixing
Where is this Demo download link?
2017/11/25 01:51:46
jmasno5
Watching the Cubase 9.5 promo video makes me appreciate how advanced Platinum is.  I never had to checkout other DAWs before.
2017/11/25 01:57:07
Bloodrocuted666
I would be so onto this(and be purchasing the pro version) if it was available in a few weeks. With it just before Christmas and me just having spent my savings on an Australian tour with my band I just can't do it right now as I also need to eat as well as buy gifts. I guess I'll just use Sonar platinum until I have to switch for one reason or another or another sale comes up. If I could register my interest and pay/upgrade in January you'd have my money.
2017/11/25 02:03:42
wmountney
Ken Matson
Yeah while I know Cubase is fine software, the combination of having to have a hardware dongle and the lack of ARA support is enough to probably push me to Studio One.

It seems to me unlikely that Steinberg will ever add ARA support to Cubase.  I think that after having created two of the fundamental pro audio standards with ASIO and VST, they are averse to embracing any technology they didn’t create themselves.  They even had to create their own system identical to iLok with their eLicenser, replicating all of its flaws as well as its good points.

I think the most likely way they would support ARA plugins is by creating their own standard to supply the same functionality, then expecting Celemony and Syncro Arts to modify their plugins to include support for that standard.  I don't even think they would do that unless they needed that support for one of their own plugins, or if they felt the lack of ARA support was hurting their sales.  It did possibly hurt their sales in at least one small way, since it made me drop Cubase off my list of possible SONAR replacements almost immediately, where it otherwise would have been one of the main contenders.
2017/11/25 02:26:15
mritenburg
Four questions:

1. Is the $255 crossgrade the one that is 50% off?
2. How long will the promotion run?
3. Does Sweetwater carry the USB eLicenser?
4. Up above Greg said that Cubase does support ARA, but there are subsequent posts complaining that it does not.  What is the full story on ARA support?

Thanks!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account