• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.2)
2017/11/23 22:24:10
chuckebaby
I am interested but unfortunately many of us are reeling from paying memberships to Cakewalk.
Is there not anything better you can do than a typical crossgrade transistional offer ?
There is many customers to be had here. If you choose to stand above the rest you will benefit that much more.
I believe Studio one is offering Cakewalk users a special cross grade offer because of the circumstances.

im not trying to set a bidding war here but it seems what is being offered by cubase is a standard crossgrade offer that is given to users of all DAWs around black Friday every year.

Thank you.
2017/11/23 22:25:36
TerraSin
Hi Greg, thanks for coming here and letting us know about this.
2017/11/23 22:26:49
jermusic78
Hi Greg!

I own Steinberg Cubase 9 Elements and Steinberg HALion 6.  I will be upgrading to Cubase 9.5 Elements (or above like the Artist version).  Steinberg Cubase is a great DAW for sure.  Thank you very much for your support Greg.

SONAR is a good DAW but sadly it may be over soon.   

One thing that I would absolutely LOVE though would be for Steinberg to acquire the softsynth Rapture Pro from Cakewalk.   Rapture Pro was released in 2015 and is one of my favorite soft synths, it is VSTi, AU and AAX compatible.  Rapture Pro is a great workstation plugin and I say that as someone who owns Steinberg HALion 6 as stated above (also great).  I would like for Steinberg to save Rapture Pro if possible.  A DAW can be replaced and while migrating projects can be a pain, it can always be done via MIDI files at the end of the day, especially if most of your projects are MIDI based like mine are.
2017/11/23 22:28:21
Markubl2
Just posted on KVR:

"Actually the price for the competitive price was €359 until today. In order to make it available as soon as possible we just reduced the price to €289. After the Welcome Offer Promo the price will go back to €359."

So, 290$ in the US probably.
2017/11/23 22:33:22
chuckebaby
husker
Just posted on KVR:

"Actually the price for the competitive price was €359 until today. In order to make it available as soon as possible we just reduced the price to €289. After the Welcome Offer Promo the price will go back to €359."

If its for "Sonar only" users than im very grateful.
2017/11/23 22:34:20
THambrecht
Just funny.
I sent Steinberg an email that I need a trial version because of the situation with Cakewalk.
I got an short answer from the service that the trial version cames the next days - and just 6 hours after that Steinberg opens that thread.
This is very nice.
2017/11/23 22:34:51
Rain
jermusic78

One thing that I would absolutely LOVE though would be for Steinberg to acquire the softsynth Rapture Pro from Cakewalk.   Rapture Pro was released in 2015 and is one of my favorite soft synths, it is VSTi, AU and AAX compatible.  Rapture Pro is a great workstation plugin and I say that as someone who owns Steinberg HALion 6 as stated above (also great).  I would like for Steinberg to save Rapture Pro if possible.  A DAW can be replaced and while migrating projects can be a pain, it can always be done via MIDI files at the end of the day, especially if most of your projects are MIDI based like mine are.

If only...

Even long after I switched to a different DAW, Cakewalk synths remain go-to for me. In fact, the only other 3rd party synth that I use as much is... Steinberg's own Retrologue, a most brilliant synth.

I have a tough time imagining myself without Rapture/Dimension and Z3t4...
2017/11/23 22:38:39
Jari
husker
Just posted on KVR:

24 hours ago when I was looking for alternative DAW Sweetwater's price for Cubase Pro Competitive Crossgrade was already dropped from $449.99 to $325.00.

And this: "This is a specially priced version of Cubase Pro 9.5 for registered owners of one of the following: Ableton Live Standard/Suite, Apple Logic, Avid Pro Tools/Pro Tools HD, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum/Professional, Image-Line FL Studio Signature/Producer, MOTU Digital Performer, PreSonus Studio One Professional, or Propellerhead Reason 6+." More here. (it's exactly the same ad that I saw 24 hours ago)
2017/11/23 22:40:15
Markubl2
Yeah - would really like to know if there is any "special" offer for Sonar users or not.  Doesn't look like it at all.
2017/11/23 22:47:00
35mm
Jari
husker
Just posted on KVR:

24 hours ago when I was looking for alternative DAW Sweetwater's price for Cubase Pro Competitive Crossgrade was already dropped from $449.99 to $325.00.

And this: "This is a specially priced version of Cubase Pro 9.5 for registered owners of one of the following: Ableton Live Standard/Suite, Apple Logic, Avid Pro Tools/Pro Tools HD, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum/Professional, Image-Line FL Studio Signature/Producer, MOTU Digital Performer, PreSonus Studio One Professional, or Propellerhead Reason 6+." More here. (it's exactly the same ad that I saw 24 hours ago)

Yep same as I saw 24hrs ago too. The OP did say starting on 23rd though. We will wait and see. You know it's the end of Cakewalk when a sales guy from Steinberg posts an offer in this forum without getting banned :/ Sad.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account