• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.23)
2017/11/26 02:16:12
mritenburg
Does anyone know if there is a Cubase 9.5 demo available?  I've been trying out the full-functioning Studio One demo and would like to try Cubase before making a decision.
2017/11/26 04:04:35
BrianSzep
Cactus Music
If you go back through this thread you'll find this info, but I believe it involves a screenshot of your Sonar product and serial numbers. You e mail to Steinberg and wait a few hour for answer. 

Well just spent a frustration hour trying to make a midi file into something. Halicion seems to load automatically, figured that out, but no where in documentation is a subject for "how to remove a VST instrument". I guess I'll have to use Google. Anyhow just inserting and setting up VST's is a huge pain so far I've gotten no where. And there is no smart tool. Who said Cubase was advanced in midi editing? It's like Sonar 8.5 as far as I can tell. 
So it's a no sale for me. Staying with Sonar until it dies, maybe by then one of these DAWs will catch up to Sonar. 

Put your pointer over your clip right click and select the tool you want.

Not quite as slick as Sonars but works.

Brian
2017/11/26 04:10:04
BrianSzep
Resonant Serpent
Steve_Karl
dorism
The hardware dongle has worked perfectly for me since I moved to Cubase several years ago. It's an amazing program. I love it. It's easy to use but deep at the same time - and can do pretty much anything you can imagine with an incredible suite of plugins and VSTis. It's been very stable on my rig. 

Can it have multiple (different) locked PRV open at the same time and save that configuration with the project?

The piano roll in Cubase is termed a Key Editor, or Drum Editor. You can have multiples of the editors open (unchecked Linked Editors in preferences), and then just save the configuration as a Workspace preset. You can cycle through the different Workspaces at will.

In Cubase Pro 9.5 it's under File\preferences\Editors\ (uncheck)Editor Content Follows Event Selection
Don't know about locked but I had three midi windows open on a second monitor.
Brian
2017/11/26 04:49:41
michael diemer
Any chance that owners of sonar 8.5 Professional can qualify?

2017/11/26 06:09:16
denverdrummer
Just got the crossgrade from Sweetwater.  What an incredible deal.  As much as I loved Sonar, I'm very pleased about this deal.  Also the new Cubase interface in 9.5 is very similar to Sonar's skylight.  I'm very excited about this move.  Just waiting on the download, I picked up my e-licenser from GC earlier today, so I'm all set to go.

2017/11/26 06:25:54
SuperG
denverdrummer
Just got the crossgrade from Sweetwater.  What an incredible deal.  As much as I loved Sonar, I'm very pleased about this deal.  Also the new Cubase interface in 9.5 is very similar to Sonar's skylight.  I'm very excited about this move.  Just waiting on the download, I picked up my e-licenser from GC earlier today, so I'm all set to go.

Did Sweetwater send you some sort of a license code, or did you get something from Steinberg? I'm curious, as I've paid Sweetwater for the upgrade, and am not entirely sure what happens next.
2017/11/26 10:16:59
tonydude
From looking at video tutorials I much prefer Cubase for editing tracks (i.e. comping and loops) and it is a good mature product.

The ARA is a big gap though, but I can appreciate Cubase will want to put their own technology first. 

So I'm going to download a demo and see how much it impacts my workflow.
2017/11/26 10:17:48
tonydude
If Cubase made a commitment to ARA for a future release, that would be a great help.

2017/11/26 11:11:01
johnsorensen
Thank you for the advertisin on the cakewalk forum greg, that was fast ;-)
i will definitely not choose steinberg

any other daws to advertise ? :-)
2017/11/26 11:44:05
ebibault51
No ARA is a con but I think that Cubase uses Zplane Elastique technology for audio pitch shifting and harmonizing, which is excellent too.
The biggest con for me are the dongle and the non-coloured strips, but when I look at the user interface, I like it, and the chord track is huge!
So let me think about it for 2 or 3 days please, I'm almost convinced by Cubase Pro. I think I'll use it for my new projects and keep SONAR for the others.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account