• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.29)
2017/11/27 06:13:02
denverdrummer
Saxon1066
cparmerlee
chuckebaby
If its for "Sonar only" users than im very grateful.

Looking at the Sweetwater site, this appears to be a general crossgrade offer from ANY qualifying product, nothing special for SONAR.

It seems that in some respects Cubase is lagging far behind what we were accustomed to with SONAR.  Is it true they are not supporting the Melodyne regions with ARA integration?  If 9.5 is only just out, then it seems we'd be looking at 2019 before getting that feature.  It is in StudioOne Already.

There are some aspects of Cubase that look interesting, but frankly I am put off by what seems like quite a limited architecture, where they only support a certain number of tracks and only a certain number of effects per track and so on.  It is hard to see that as a top tier product with such limitations.

What?  Only a certain number of tracks in Cubase?  Limited fx per track?  Whoa.  That's a dealbreaker for me, since I usually do many takes of any guitar part, then comp. them later.

How many tracks can you use, if I may ask?  Is there universal bussing, like in Sonar?

I don't think there are any limitation in the pro version, but the take lanes don't count as additional tracks, so you can have as many take lanes as your CPU can handle.  (Not sure Cubase calls them take lanes, but it's basically the same thing we had in Sonar).
2017/11/27 06:33:54
nebukenazar
I could choose Cubase. But Lots of things sonar offers keep from me for buying Cubase. Instead i bought Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Lifetime pass. I am very sad now.
2017/11/27 06:51:50
Mad_Musicologist
The eagle goes, the vultures come.
Everyone tries to pull Cakewalk users to their product. 
This again shows the shamelessness of the business world.
But most shameless is Gibsons decision to kill Cakewalk.
2017/11/27 06:58:35
BrianSzep
kson
Greg Ondo
tonydude
My gut reaction is Cubase, partly because it is so well established and part of Yamaha.

However lack of ARA support is a deal breaker. I could not have finished my recent album without it.

Does Cubase 9.5 support ARA and if not, will it definitely be in the next version?
Is it possible to use 32bit and 64bit plugin's in the same instance of Cubase? 

~ Tony

Cubase does offer ARA support but has a lot of functionality built in such as the VAri Audio editor for pitch correction.

Cubase natively only supports 64 bit plug-ins but with a 3rd party bridging solution like j-bridge people can run 32 bit plug-ins as well.

All the best,

Greg

Greg,

I currently have Cubase Pro 9.5.  Please show me ARA support for Melodyne and Vocalign, etc.  I have yet to see it work.

Best,

Reginald

Check this post on Celemony's website: http://helpcenter.celemony.com/hc2-content/filtermelodynestudio4/en/m4tour_daw_cubase.html

Brian
2017/11/27 07:07:52
noynekker
Mad_Musicologist
The eagle goes, the vultures come.
Everyone tries to pull Cakewalk users to their product. 
This again shows the shamelessness of the business world.
But most shameless is Gibsons decision to kill Cakewalk.

I think there's a song somewhere in your poem here . . . I echo your sentiments

Everybody's got something to sell you
The corporation has nothing to tell you
The eagle goes, the vultures come
And all your dreams are one the run

There is no right to all the wrongs
. . . maybe we should just collaborate, and write some songs ?
2017/11/27 07:40:59
GjB
I don't think it's shameless at all to try to get more business. It's common sense, and this is the ideal opportunity for competing companies and business people to do so.
If you don't, someone else will, and then you end up like CW.

This is not some woman trying to quickly replace some poor guy's wife, this is survival in the business world.
It's all about the numbers. I'm not a businessman, but I understand these basics.

Also (for some users here), I don't believe in bashing people, like a bunch of spoilt brats. Most people involved in daily life, have families and loved ones, and they try to do the best by them. Yes, some people make cut-throat business decisions and they probably have to, but most people are not those people.
2017/11/27 07:48:49
Saxon1066
denverdrummer

I don't think there are any limitation in the pro version, but the take lanes don't count as additional tracks, so you can have as many take lanes as your CPU can handle.  (Not sure Cubase calls them take lanes, but it's basically the same thing we had in Sonar).

Hey, Denver.  Are the Cubase take lanes more functional than the ones in Sonar?  I got pretty annoyed with Sonar's buggy take lanes (loved track layers) and started just using tracks in track folders instead.
2017/11/27 07:52:13
djwayne
Well Gibson says they don't want our business anymore....so be it. I have no problem with looking at alternatives. I've decided to go with Cubase Elements 9 for my midi needs, and Mixcraft 8 for my audio and loop needs. This will give me lot's of options for creating music and writing songs. It's new, it's different, it's exciting. I need to get away from Gibson's negativity and work with positive programs and people. I welcome the change. 
2017/11/27 07:52:32
Saxon1066
Well, I'm definitely going to switch to something; it's a good time, since I'm going with a new computer to replace my Win 7 machine, too.  I'm weighing Cubase and Studio One.  Which has better support or user forums?
2017/11/27 08:19:24
denverdrummer
Saxon1066
denverdrummer

Hey, Denver.  Are the Cubase take lanes more functional than the ones in Sonar?  I got pretty annoyed with Sonar's buggy take lanes (loved track layers) and started just using tracks in track folders instead.

Yeah they do seem a lot less buggy, but I haven't had too much time to play with them.  Yeah take lanes were very bugged in Sonar.  It worked OK for me so long as that auto resizing thing was turned off.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account