• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.31)
2017/11/27 14:10:57
MagicMike
Greg Ondo
cityrat
Can we get an idea of how long the offer will be? 
Would really like to try a demo and don't want to "miss" the deal if I like it.
Where can I get a demo version (have a eLicencer)?

I believe the offer will be through the end of the year and look for a trial version in the coming days.

All the best,

Greg

Thanks Greg, that's good to know as I'm not ready at this stage to move over to Cubase. 
2017/11/27 14:19:35
jerrydf
Greg - I've ordered my crossgrade from the Steinberg site, so it will be a box delivered in the post.  I'm assuming this includes the USB-key?
Also - I have an e-Licenser ID from previous products.  Does the USB-licenser process require some sort of correlation with the e-Licenser account?

Thanks
Jerry 
2017/11/27 15:41:24
Greg Ondo
kson
Greg Ondo
tonydude
My gut reaction is Cubase, partly because it is so well established and part of Yamaha.

However lack of ARA support is a deal breaker. I could not have finished my recent album without it.

Does Cubase 9.5 support ARA and if not, will it definitely be in the next version?
Is it possible to use 32bit and 64bit plugin's in the same instance of Cubase? 

~ Tony

Cubase does offer ARA support but has a lot of functionality built in such as the VAri Audio editor for pitch correction.

Cubase natively only supports 64 bit plug-ins but with a 3rd party bridging solution like j-bridge people can run 32 bit plug-ins as well.

All the best,

Greg

Greg,

I currently have Cubase Pro 9.5.  Please show me ARA support for Melodyne and Vocalign, etc.  I have yet to see it work.

Best,

Reginald

I apologize for the confusion I created.  Cubase dores not offer ARA support.  It was a typo on my part.

All the best,

greg
2017/11/27 15:44:16
Greg Ondo
DeeringAmps
Q1) Is it safe to assume that a project started in Elements will open in Pro?
Q2) Cubase has abandoned x86 altogether?
(My office rig remains x86, but if there is an x86 version of Elements...)

T

A project started in Cubase Elements canbe opened in Cubase Pro.

The licenses are backwards compatible so you can run a version 7 or 8 which have 32 bit support with your 9.5 license in addition to your 9.5 license.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/27 15:46:20
Greg Ondo
Edu Camargo
Just visiting this forum to checc the latest info about the future of  Cakewalk and its products...

Thanks Greg for your message. I don't know what the future holds for me at this point, but until Cubase developers (or Steinberg developers in general) hop into native accessibility for blind users as Sonar did since the X1 encarnation, unfortunately I won't go for Cubase.

Yes, I'm doing fine with HaLion 6 and HaLion Sonic interfaces thanks to the Windows 10 OCR feature, but having Cubase to use UI Automation allowing screen readers such as NVDA or MS Narrator to provide us feedback on accessing the software features would give us a better workflow... Unfortunately, Cubase can't be an option for blind musicians at this stage.

Again, thanks.

We have many blind users running Cubase/Nuendo.  Greg Lukens of Washington Professional Systems and Stevie Wonder as well.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/27 15:48:41
Greg Ondo
35mm
I'm thinking of dropping my wodge on Cubase. I'm thinking it's better the devil I once knew (a very long time ago). But if there is no demo or if I need to buy an e-licenser just to try it, then that makes it very hard without some kind of money back guarantee. I at least want to test that it works with my hardware.

This is frustrating. I could get a mega deal on Studio One right now, download it and get to work. Or wait for a demo, and miss the deal on Cubase. Or buy Cubase, wait ages for it to arrive just to discover that it doesn't play well with my gear.

No replies from The Steinberg rep really doesn't help either!

We should have a trial version available in a couple of days.  What hardware do you specifically have questions about for compatibility?

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/27 15:54:50
Greg Ondo
cparmerlee
Saxon1066
How many tracks can you use, if I may ask?  Is there universal bussing, like in Sonar?

I don't know.  I have not found a specific reference.  From what I can tell, the pro version has unlimited tracks, but the other versions limit tracks.

I think all versions have exactly 8 insert slots per track, but there is also a "channel strip" that has Steinberg's limiter, compressor, maximizer, etc, so 8 other inserts may not be a problem.

I have not seen anything that indicates how many sends can be created, but I wouldn't be surprised to see hard limits on that.

Another strange thing is that of the 8 inserts, only the last one is post-fade.  I don't think you can set the insert point for each insert.  And I don't think you can control the signal flow sequence of the inserts, and the channel strip.  I think all of the inserts come before the channel strip, or maybe it is vice versa.

It looks like a first generation digital mixer board to me.  In practice, that may be fine.  It just doesn't seem nearly as elegant as SONAR.

In Cubase Pro 9.5 there are 16 inserts per channel freely configurable for pre and post fader use.  There are 8 aux sends that can be used simultaneously per channel with more available destinations as FX channels.  There is also built in channel EQ and channel strip which do not affect these numbers.    You can switch the order of the signal flow for the channel strips and inserts.  If you need more inserts or sends you can send the track to a group where the same number of additional inserts and sends are available.  There is also direct offline processing allowing a flexible manner to process effects and processes.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/27 15:59:40
Greg Ondo
35mm
I have heard people saying that the crossgrade they got from Sweetwater is not a full package. The plugins are demo versions. So that maybe something to watch out for.

The crossgrade is for the full version and plug-in set.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/27 16:01:53
Greg Ondo
dede
Hey Greg,
Does Cubase accept a Codemeter USB dongle  (the one I purchased for Samplitude a while ago)?
Thansk
dd

I don't think that it is an elicenser dongle so I am inclined to say no.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/27 16:10:33
Jean
I bought the boxed crossgrade Cubase Pro 9.5 from the Steinberg shop assuming that I would have an immediate download link and elicenser activation code (I already have an elicenser dongle for Wavelab) However, when I try to download Cubase following the link in the confirmation email, there are no files and the message ‘No downloads available’ is there.
Anyone having the same experience? (I’m in the UK)
(I contacted Cubase support on Friday but have heard nothing back)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account