• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.32)
2017/11/27 17:59:19
35mm
Jean
I bought the boxed crossgrade Cubase Pro 9.5 from the Steinberg shop assuming that I would have an immediate download link and elicenser activation code (I already have an elicenser dongle for Wavelab) However, when I try to download Cubase following the link in the confirmation email, there are no files and the message ‘No downloads available’ is there.
Anyone having the same experience? (I’m in the UK)
(I contacted Cubase support on Friday but have heard nothing back)

It only has an option in the online store for a boxed version. I think they get sent from UK so you should get it soon. I'm in the UK too. Haven't purchased Cubase yet so let me know how it goes. My concern is how long it may take to arrive if maybe it gets sent from Germany.
2017/11/27 18:03:18
Glyn Barnes
Check the crossgrade price at Thomann for EU purchases, see the thread in the deals forum.
2017/11/27 18:11:00
35mm
Greg Ondo
35mm
I'm thinking of dropping my wodge on Cubase. I'm thinking it's better the devil I once knew (a very long time ago). But if there is no demo or if I need to buy an e-licenser just to try it, then that makes it very hard without some kind of money back guarantee. I at least want to test that it works with my hardware.

This is frustrating. I could get a mega deal on Studio One right now, download it and get to work. Or wait for a demo, and miss the deal on Cubase. Or buy Cubase, wait ages for it to arrive just to discover that it doesn't play well with my gear.

No replies from The Steinberg rep really doesn't help either!

We should have a trial version available in a couple of days.  What hardware do you specifically have questions about for compatibility?

All the best,

Greg

Thanks Greg. Does the trial version require a dongle? I don't have one and would be getting one with the purchase of Cubase from Steinberg's online store (I gather it's included?). So if it requires a dongle to try the demo, then I'm stuck. Do they offer a money back guarantee/cooling off period?

The main hardware I am worried about for compatibility is my M-audio Projectmix i/o. It is pretty old now but works well with Sonar when it's in Sonar mode, partially works with Studio One when in Cubase mode, but really hoping it may work fully with Cubase when it's in Cubase mode! Have the controller API functions changed much over the years? Or do you know other users who are still successfully using the Projectmix with Cubase?
2017/11/27 18:26:58
35mm
Glyn Barnes
Check the crossgrade price at Thomann for EU purchases, see the thread in the deals forum.

Just checked that, thanks. It's only very slightly less than on the Steinberg store when converted to GBP £246.24 and it says "£ price – guideline price only". Price on Steinberg store is £248. Both offer free shipping, but a Steinberg rep told me that he thinks the store sends it from the UK. Thomann would send it from Germany I think. It could prove to be a lot less hassle just ordering direct from Steinberg unless there is a mega bargain to be had elsewhere. Could save a bit from Sweetwater $255 for download version without a dongle. Not sure if they accept us UK customers there - apparently someone from Canada got turned away. Again by the time you add the dongle and consider that nice, shiny box you get buying direct, it's still not a massive saving.
2017/11/27 18:37:45
michael diemer
Any chance that owners of earlier Sonar Producer editions, such as 8.5, will qualify for the crossgrade?
2017/11/27 18:37:53
35mm
Buying options so far;
  • Sweetwater (US) $255 (download only - e-licenser not included)
  • Thomann (EU/Germany) €275 (Boxed - includes e-licenser)
  • Steinberg (EU/Germany) £248 (Boxed - includes e-licenser)
Steinberg e-licenser on its own Gear4Music (UK) £16 + postage

Had a quick look and everywhere else in UK it's about £279.
2017/11/27 18:50:06
Glyn Barnes
When I looked at the Steinberg site earlier I am sure it said £300, I will check later, direct is probably the most straightforward way.
2017/11/27 18:58:17
Shambler
I tried ordering from Sweetwater but my order was declined because they said the program is geo-tagged and won't activate in the UK.

Looks like it's Thoman or direct from Steinberg if you are in the UK.
2017/11/27 19:21:39
jerrydf
35mm
Buying options so far;
[snip]
  • Steinberg (EU/Germany) £248 (Boxed - includes e-licenser)

Thanks for verifying that, 35mm.  I thought it indicated that on the Steinberg site.
I was also wondering how a previous account on a Steinberg e-Licenser (i.e. the online not-USB version) affected authorising the USB-licenser. 
)actually I've already ordered it, anyway)

jdf
2017/11/27 19:50:59
Glyn Barnes
Well I just started the order process from Stienberg UK, now I am waiting for confirmation of eligibility. I may have gone for the Artist version but the Pro cross-grade is cheaper.

I can see a big learning curve ahead but as I am mostly MIDI / VSTi Cubase seems the logical choice, I am looking forward to some of the MIDI functions like the chord track that I had hoped would be added to Sonar at some stage.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account