• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.34)
2017/11/28 01:45:22
35mm
LMG
Greg Ondo
My name is Greg Ondo and I have represented Steinberg products for over 25 years in the United States.  

Dear Greg, is there any way that non-US and non-European customers can access the special competitive cross grade (download) for Sonar users? I've just placed an order through Sweetwater and they had to cancel it, saying they were not allowed to sell Cubase outside the US. Same thing happened to a Canadian customer. Thanks!

Can you not access the online store at Steinberg and buy from there?
2017/11/28 02:24:54
noynekker
35mm
LMG
Greg Ondo
My name is Greg Ondo and I have represented Steinberg products for over 25 years in the United States.  

Dear Greg, is there any way that non-US and non-European customers can access the special competitive cross grade (download) for Sonar users? I've just placed an order through Sweetwater and they had to cancel it, saying they were not allowed to sell Cubase outside the US. Same thing happened to a Canadian customer. Thanks!

I don't see the crossgrade deal to Cubase 9.5 as an option on the Steinberg site . . . only some other products show up in the crossgrade area.
2017/11/28 02:35:23
35mm
noynekker
35mm
LMG
Greg Ondo

I don't see the crossgrade deal to Cubase 9.5 as an option on the Steinberg site . . . only some other products show up in the crossgrade area.

OK, then I would suggest contacting the email address Greg posted on this thread (clubcubase at steinberg.net) and asking them about the crossgrade in your location. I think Steinberg have international distributors around the globe so you should be able to get a local deal.
2017/11/28 03:31:26
DarinBad
noynekker
35mm
LMG
Greg Ondo

I wouldn't be surprised if they are simply waiting until after the youtube thing is done tomorrow.
2017/11/28 03:54:44
riojazz
michael diemer
Joe_A
riojazz
Greg, thank you for the offer and especially for answering questions here. 

My question involved music notation, what we call Staff View in SONAR. 

You have a page that says the Artist and Elements use "Basic" notation, whereas the Pro version uses "Professional" notation.  I have been unable to locate any further info that explains the distinction.  Is there a link?

The comparison page I refer to is here:  https://www.steinberg.net...cubase/comparison.html

Good question.
Btw I'm not hitting my goal of getting new DAW and getting on with things......
I guess I'll be waiting to see more misc questions answered and what cross grade pricing specials may arise.
😊 stuck being pragmatic I suppose.

If you look through the cubase manual youll see that pro is indeed far more advanced. with artist, you can only have 4 bars in the view without scrolling. with pro, you can have more. it is closer to real notation than any other daws notation.

Thank you, that's helpful.  My understanding is that Artist ad Elements are the same.  But is there a Cubase manual online I can read, as this detail about notation is the main thing I need to know before purchasing?  I'll start looking.
2017/11/28 04:08:44
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.
2017/11/28 05:03:16
michael diemer
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.

you can see from screenshots that you can have more than 4 bars in the view. i have read the manual and you can adjust the width of the measures, so that is one major difference. im pretty sure you can also select a passage that extends over many bars, which you cant do in elements or artist.
2017/11/28 05:03:22
michael diemer
Duplicate post.
2017/11/28 05:44:18
riojazz
Thank you again.

That cannot be the only difference, is it?

I tried downloading and installig the demo of Cubase 8.5 (as there is none for version 9 or 9.5) but after entering the activation number given in the email, it still asks for an elicenser, ad I cannot proceed.  So in order to try the free demo, I need to pay the $35 or so, which they keep even if I do not like the program?  And this is just so I can find a complete answer to my question about notation.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account