• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.35)
2017/11/28 06:30:06
35mm
I know it seems crazy if their demos require you to have an e-licenser! $35 sounds a bit steep. You can probably get an e-licenser in a store for less.
2017/11/28 08:27:13
khapahk1956
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.

There is a specific manual for notation called Score Layout and Printing in Pro 9.5 on the Pro 9.5  Manuals page.  This seems to cover all aspects of the notation function and runs to over 200 pages !  Might this have  the information you're looking for ?

Bob
2017/11/28 09:48:37
35mm
9.5 demo now seems to be available. For the Cubase Pro demo you need to have an e-licenser USB dongle, but you don't need one for the Cubase Elements trial. So I guess if like me you don't have an e-licenser you have to make do with resting out the Elements version. Problem is there are big differences between Elements and Pro, and I guess for most of us it's Pro we are really interested in.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/steinberg_trial_versions/cubase.html

Just heard from Steinberg, the demo isn't out til tomorrow so while the page is there it isn't working yet.
2017/11/28 09:51:03
Rob from Sydney
(In reply to Mudgel - what is the situation in Australia):

I don't think there is a crossgrade option here - my guess is its part of the local Yamaha licensing/distribution agreement.

I tried purchasing from Sweetwater, similar to the Canadians they declined to sell it to me, not authorised outside the US.  $US255 then purchasing a dongle locally seems a really good price compared to what I've ever seen, but I don't think its going to work.

There seems to be a bit of a changeover from version 9 to 9.5 happening on online stores, some of the usual places were listing the full/new retail box product but not at the moment.  No mention of crossgrades anywhere.  The Steinberg site detects I'm in Australia and only offers "upgrades" (from older Cubase products), no competitive crossgrade from other (non-Steinberg) DAWs and not even the choice to buy a new product outright.  Again my guess is its part of the local agreement to get you to buy a box in store first.

I'm sure its a great product but with Sonar Platinum still working, I'm going to give Reaper a really good look over, and the chance that a good price on Studio One Pro (and I already have Notion) might be about to appear, no chance I'm sinking AU$730 to $850 on it right now.

Hoping there's some chance Greg can clarify though, and whether there's any local option of a crossgrade because the midi and score options are really what I got into Cakewalk (Pro 6) for in the first place, and Cubase seems to be the most powerful fit there!

In the meantime I'll contact a few of the main stores and see if they can offer any comment.

Cheers
Rob
2017/11/28 10:25:00
35mm
It's done through local distributors by the look of it.

Australia
http://www.yamahabackstage.com.au/steinberg/

Canada
http://ca.yamaha.com/

See here for others

So I guess you need to go to your local Yammy website then find an authorized (online or high street) dealer.
2017/11/28 12:24:43
dannyjmusic
So to get the crossgrade from Cubase to work, we need an authorization code of some sort to prove that we were owners of sonar. Does anybody know who to email to get that authorization code? I Emailed their
ask net email address, and haven't received a response in 2 days.
2017/11/28 12:33:35
35mm
dannyjmusic
So to get the crossgrade from Cubase to work, we need an authorization code of some sort to prove that we were owners of sonar. Does anybody know who to email to get that authorization code? I Emailed their
ask net email address, and haven't received a response in 2 days.

You have to send proof when they ask for it. I.e after the checkout process I think.
2017/11/28 12:43:17
anydmusic
For me the check out process requested proof of ownership before I had to enter payment details the process then stopped. I have now received an email saying that my proof has been accepted and I can complete the transaction.

Just need to make time to do this.
2017/11/28 13:32:28
35mm
Some info I got from Steinberg support mostly relevant to UK buyers;

thanks for your interest in Cubase Pro 9.5.
1. Yes, the online version comes with the dongle.
2. It is shipped from Germany, it is usually delivered within 7 working day. (to UK)
3. Yes that demo require the USB-eLicenser as well, because the licence of Pro as well as Artist can only be stored on the dongle. If you don´t want to purchase the dongle twice I suggest to download the trial of Elements 9.5 that works without dongle as well. Elements 9.5 is a version that has less features than Pro 9.5, but you can compare them by having a look to this chart https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/comparison.html
2017/11/28 14:00:13
dannyjmusic
Thanks for the help guys... I hope the Cubase forum is as friendly and helpful as you all have been
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account