• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.36)
2017/11/28 14:31:13
jerrydf
fyi - I ordered my crossgrade on Friday from the Steinberg website.  I have a mail today saying it has been shipped via UPS, it will be delivered tomorrow (shipping from Germany)

jdf
2017/11/28 14:37:13
synkrotron
jerrydf
fyi - I ordered my crossgrade on Friday from the Steinberg website.  I have a mail today saying it has been shipped via UPS, it will be delivered tomorrow (shipping from Germany)

jdf

Nice one, Jerry, and good luck on your new DAW adventure

I would still like to try Cubase myself, to exorcise all the old prejudices I had built up over the years, but even if a demo was now made available, I am all burned out from trying out other software.

cheers

andy
2017/11/28 14:37:57
fwrend
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.

Cubase Version Comparison

EDIT: oops, missed the end of 35mm's post - oh well :)
2017/11/28 14:45:22
jerrydf
Hi Andy,  Over the weekend I've been playing with Cubase AI8 (free from my Steinberg UR22 interface).  It has the basic audio and midi (PRV) editing. I'm really keen on it now (sorry folks ...) and becoming much more familiar with its foibles. I have no doubt I'll be able to operate it with the same workflow efficiency I had with Sonar. If I had one suggestion to make to Cubase guys - can you give me the same right-click tool access I had on Sonar.  Cubase is almost identical but not quite as ergonomic. It could also use the "star" tool Sonar has in that context. This is a very minor issue. Most other procedures are becoming second nature. 
Cheers
Jerry

2017/11/28 14:49:19
synkrotron
jerrydf
Most other procedures are becoming second nature. 

Absolutely, Jerry... It's all about trying to ditch old habits and learn new ones. I'm trying a DAW that uses "d" to duplicate selected events, but in SONAR I use "d" to toggle track/console view. So at the moment I have to spend some time deleting the odd duplicate here and there haha!

cheers

andy
2017/11/28 14:52:33
35mm
synkrotron
jerrydf

jdf

I would still like to try Cubase myself, to exorcise all the old prejudices I had built up over the years, but even if a demo was now made available, I am all burned out from trying out other software.

cheers

andy

See my post further up - the demo is out. However, I'm not getting the email through after I jump through all the hoops to get it - tried a few times now. And it's not a demo of Cubase Pro, but Cubase Elephants as that doesn't require the Elicenser.
2017/11/28 14:54:10
synkrotron
35mm

See my post further up - the demo is out. However, I'm not getting the email through after I jump through all the hoops to get it - tried a few times now. And it's not a demo of Cubase Pro, but Cubase Elephants as that doesn't require the Elicenser.

Thanks, Al, I'll take a look at that
2017/11/28 14:58:36
Taurean Mixing
35mm
synkrotron
jerrydf

jdf

cheers

andy

Yea I've done it twice already but still no demo license yet. I'll give it some more time...
2017/11/28 15:11:06
35mm
Re: the Cubase demo, I just heard from Steinberg that it will be live tomorrow. While the page is there now and you can jump through the hoops to get it, you won't receive the email.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/steinberg_trial_versions/cubase.html

Unless you have the e-licenser dongle already, you will have to try the Cubase Elements demo and check out the feature comparisons at https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/comparison.html
2017/11/28 15:21:36
Taurean Mixing
Thanks 35mm, I do have a eLicenser from my Wavelab license. So, I shall wait til tomorrow. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account