• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.37)
2017/11/28 15:31:59
Greg Ondo
LMG
Greg Ondo
My name is Greg Ondo and I have represented Steinberg products for over 25 years in the United States.  

Dear Greg, is there any way that non-US and non-European customers can access the special competitive cross grade (download) for Sonar users? I've just placed an order through Sweetwater and they had to cancel it, saying they were not allowed to sell Cubase outside the US. Same thing happened to a Canadian customer. Thanks!

The offer is available throughout the world.  Not every distributor has it available online but you will be able to get a boxed version from a dealer.  I will check this afternoon with our Canadian distributor.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/28 16:32:15
khapahk1956
jerrydf
Hi Andy,  Over the weekend I've been playing with Cubase AI8 (free from my Steinberg UR22 interface).  It has the basic audio and midi (PRV) editing. I'm really keen on it now (sorry folks ...) and becoming much more familiar with its foibles. I have no doubt I'll be able to operate it with the same workflow efficiency I had with Sonar. If I had one suggestion to make to Cubase guys - can you give me the same right-click tool access I had on Sonar.  Cubase is almost identical but not quite as ergonomic. It could also use the "star" tool Sonar has in that context. This is a very minor issue. Most other procedures are becoming second nature. 
Cheers
Jerry

Thanks for that comment, Jerry, I'd completely forgotten that I have the AI option with my recently purchased Steinberg UR242 interface !   Just downloading now to give it a trial; according to the Download Assistant it's for Cubase AI 9.5 as well. 

Bob
2017/11/28 17:04:23
35mm
Isn't the live hangout meant to be taking place around now? Anyone know where?

Oh yes it's now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKdr7YZCcgw
2017/11/28 19:47:45
35mm
Well, the hangout video has made me even more certain that Cubase is the right way to go.
2017/11/28 20:02:11
mudgel
I’m in Australia and had no trouble getting the cross grade through Sweetwater for USD$255. I bought the USB elincencer locally.
2017/11/28 20:03:42
DeeringAmps
They need to get the demo up. I would be happy with the v9 demo,
but I get why they want it to be the "latest greatest" and
understand why they wait for the first maintenance release.
The only thing I don't understand is the constant ****ing about the price...

T
2017/11/28 20:08:27
mudgel
Yes the hangout video convinced me. I’ll not be updating my PTHD past the current version 12.
2017/11/28 20:24:11
Joe_A
I'm leaning towards SO Pro but with the seemingly good points being made about Cubase I'm on the fence. If we (or I) knew what the final Cubase cross grade pricing was it may help. The Presonus sales VP seemed pretty helpful.
2017/11/28 20:26:52
DarinBad
I still don't see a cross-grade option in the Steinberg online shop.
2017/11/28 20:38:10
rmfegley
Yeah, very informative, answered most of my questions in the affirmative. One thing kind of disappointing (although I may have misunderstood, he went through it kind of fast), it doesn't look like the piano roll editor has any place to actually manage what tracks are being displayed/edited. He said it displays whatever is selected in the track view, which would mean you have to switch views to select different tracks to edit? Yeesh, I hope I missed something. The PRV improvements like filter sets are pretty recent in Sonar but really useful.

The issue here is whether I can actually afford the crossgrade offer while it's active. I've noted I'm not really anxious to leave Sonar, but if I'm going to learn something new, I may as well get started. I just can't break my budget to do it. We'll see what happens, I guess.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account