• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.38)
2017/11/28 20:55:52
DeeringAmps
The crossgrade is $255 at Sweetwater, that does not include the dongle.
I picked up a dongle locally for $32 from Amazon, I'm a prime member, same day delivery was free.
Maybe, and this is just a maybe, Steinberg will not offer a crossgrade box with dongle; I don't know.

T
2017/11/28 21:05:29
35mm
DeeringAmps
The crossgrade is $255 at Sweetwater, that does not include the dongle.
I picked up a dongle locally for $32 from Amazon, I'm a prime member, same day delivery was free.
Maybe, and this is just a maybe, Steinberg will not offer a crossgrade box with dongle; I don't know.

T

I'm in the UK so I get mine direct from Steinberg in Germany and my only choice is a boxed version with or without a dongle, but from what I can make out there is local distribution from Yamaha worldwide. The Sweetwater deal is download only without dongle and I think if you get it direct from a Yammi authorized dealer you can get a boxed version with or without dongle.
2017/11/28 21:07:27
Glyn Barnes
In Europe I had to but the box with the Dongle, I would have gone with the download version but I did not see it, I already have an eLicencer for XILS4.

As it was being mailed anyway I paid the extra £6 and cot the installation discs as well. Now its sit and wait for it to arrive. Total cost £254 which includes 20% VAT direct from Steinberg.
2017/11/28 21:19:56
DeeringAmps
I did see that Europe and the UK were getting boxed product from a "local" distributor.
DarinBad is here in the states, and JoeA had a question as to pricing.
A assume that the European pricing works out to about $290 when converted to USD?

T

2017/11/28 21:45:46
35mm
DeeringAmps
I did see that Europe and the UK were getting boxed product from a "local" distributor.
DarinBad is here in the states, and JoeA had a question as to pricing.
A assume that the European pricing works out to about $290 when converted to USD?

T

Yea, not exactly local for us in the UK. It has to ship from Germany and that tends to take a while if order stuff from Thomann (big German music store) was anything to go by. Your estimate of $290 USD is about right because we have tax slapped on it. And yes, boxed is the only option here.
2017/11/28 22:44:10
DeeringAmps
$290, including the dongle and VAT (about 10%; right?) sounds like a "deal" to me.
I did see that the box was coming from the continent, that's why I quoted "local".

T
2017/11/28 22:44:17
mudgel
An email from Sweetwater. Order put on hold. I Might not be getting Cubase through Athen after all.
2017/11/28 22:44:33
Fleer
Also thinking of Studio One 3 Pro crossgrade for $125 at JRR (with proof of Sonar ownership).
Willing to look at Cubase (including dongle) if their price is similar.
2017/11/28 23:05:44
bwbalint
I had put in a request to start an account at Steinberg.  Supposedly a return email will be sent so my account can be verified.  Usual stuff.  Well, the email has yet to arrive.  Anyone else have any difficulty opening an account at Steinberg.net?  May just be a larger than usual traffic load down to their front door.  
2017/11/28 23:09:29
DeeringAmps
I setup an account this morning.
Response was slow.
Still waiting for the demo download link, but Greg did say that the demo would not
be ready until (hopefully) tomorrow.

T
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account