• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.39)
2017/11/28 23:20:27
Jean
35mm (in reply to your earlier query) and others to whom it may concern
I ordered the boxed version of the Cubase 9.5 Pro crossgrade on Friday from the Steinberg shop. The boxed version was the only option as the download option was greyed out. I thought I’d be able to download straight away and the boxed version was just a physical backup, but that didn’t happen. I already have an elicensing dongle for Wavelab which is held together with tape as it’s quite fragile, so another dongle with the boxed version of Cubase won’t go amiss.
You need to provide proof of Sonar Platinum ownership, but it was easy. You’re taken to a form where you upload a copy of your Cakewalk email receipt. No money changes hands until that’s done and verification only took about half an hour. You’ll then receive another email to go ahead with the purchase.
I’ve tracked my order and it looks like it will arrive tomorrow (Wednesday). I’m in the UK and the order has been shipped from Germany (free delivery)

2017/11/28 23:33:22
LMG
Thank you for your response, Greg. Actually, I'm in Argentina. So you say that if I go to the local distributor and tell them "hey, Steinberg's website says that the competitive crossgrade is 50% off worldwide, so you must half the price of whatever the price is", they will cut the price? I doubt they will do that...
2017/11/28 23:56:03
riojazz
fwrend
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.

Cubase Version Comparison

EDIT: oops, missed the end of 35mm's post - oh well :)

Thanks, but that's what I mentioned in the post has NO detail.  All it says is professional notation versus basic notation.
2017/11/29 00:04:04
riojazz
khapahk1956
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.

There is a specific manual for notation called Score Layout and Printing in Pro 9.5 on the Pro 9.5  Manuals page.  This seems to cover all aspects of the notation function and runs to over 200 pages !  Might this have  the information you're looking for ?

Bob

Thanks, I read that, too.  Does not give any screen shots of actual notation.
2017/11/29 02:02:40
abacab
Fleer
Also thinking of Studio One 3 Pro crossgrade for $125 at JRR (with proof of Sonar ownership).
Willing to look at Cubase (including dongle) if their price is similar.

The Cubase crossgrade is $255 USD.  Amazon sells the dongle for $32 USD, making the total $287 USD.  Studio One is probably the ticket, based on cost and if you primarily work with audio, but Cubase has deeper MIDI support and a lot of very good features.  It actually looks like an upgrade from Sonar! 

I have heard of Sonar users in the past buying Studio One just to master projects in.

Get em both, LOL! 
2017/11/29 03:10:41
michael diemer
riojazz
khapahk1956
riojazz

There is a specific manual for notation called Score Layout and Printing in Pro 9.5 on the Pro 9.5  Manuals page.  This seems to cover all aspects of the notation function and runs to over 200 pages !  Might this have  the information you're looking for ?

Bob

Thanks, I read that, too.  Does not give any screen shots of actual notation.

Trust me, I saw screenshots of notation, which was extremely detailed, and showing several measures in the view. Also, I'm on their forum, because I have a UR-22 interface and needed some help. I asked about this, and they answered all my doubts as to the robust nature of the score editor in Pro. But the only way to really know is to download the demo. Assuming you can find it. And have a dongle. I do, I needed it for my Vienna instruments. But I can't find the dam demo.
2017/11/29 03:26:54
Taurean Mixing
Demo should be available tomorrow - Nov 29th
2017/11/29 06:53:00
mudgel
My Sweetwater order has gone through. Just awaiting an email with serial number so I can download.
2017/11/29 12:06:14
LMG
Holy cow! How did you do that ? Which payment method did you use? PayPal? Credit card? Are those payment methods based with address in Australia? Why was your order put on hold at first? Too many questions, but look forward to your response. Maybe they've changed the policy. Thank you!
2017/11/29 12:07:01
bwbalint
I did receive account affirmation last night. Product registered and downloaded. It will be good to learn things in a new program from a slightly different angle. When I get time I will need to look into the BLACKLIST classifications. Actually feels great to have made a jump. I have loved Cakewalk and its program for many years. It is time to go and eventually use Sonar as a backup for now .

Perhaps we could smudge the Cakewalk severs once the issue of off line perpetual activation is clearly defined.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account