• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.40)
2017/11/29 12:07:13
LMG
mudgel
My Sweetwater order has gone through. Just awaiting an email with serial number so I can download.

Holy cow! How did you do that ? Which payment method did you use? PayPal? Credit card? Are those payment methods based with address in Australia? Why was your order put on hold at first? Too many questions, but look forward to your response. Maybe they've changed the policy. Thank you!
2017/11/29 12:14:37
cityrat
Looks like (demo pending) Cubase is the best fit for me - all things considered.

Can someone (USA) please give me the details on how you provided "proof" of SONAR PLATINUM license?  Someone mentioned a Cakewalk "receipt" (where do I find THAT - it was online thru CW store)?  Or just screenshots of the license from CW user account?  Or screen shot of "About" dialog box?  

Where did you buy - what was the procedure?  

2017/11/29 13:19:02
35mm
Cityrat, they just need something to prove you purchased Sonar. If you have your original Cleverbridge invoice send them a copy of that or a screenshot of the Sonar splash screen with your ownership status and serial number will probably be ok too.
2017/11/29 14:00:46
bwbalint
I bought Cubase through Sweetwater. $255 download. And got the eLicenser through Amazon. Turns out I didn’t have to upload or provide any documentation.
2017/11/29 14:09:21
LMG
Anyone else non-US had success placing an order through Sweetwater?
2017/11/29 14:44:05
35mm
LMG
Anyone else non-US had success placing an order through Sweetwater?

I just posted another thread about the demo now being available and other information. Basically, if you are not in the US or EU I think you have to get it from a local authorized Yamaha dealer.
2017/11/29 15:07:49
cparmerlee
bwbalint
It will be good to learn things in a new program from a slightly different angle.

I have ordered Cubase this AM.  I have spent a lot of time going through training videos.  While functionally, the products are similar, Cubase (for better or worse) strikes me more like an adaptation of your typical digital mixing board.  For example, the tracks all have a "channel strip" distinct from whatever inserts you use.  And that "channel strip" is essentially the same functions you have on a the "phat channel" of a Presonus mixer.  The inserts are a whole separate thing, as if running a physical chain of outboard inserts.  With SONAR, you can freely assemble any chain of effects you want, with no limits.  You can get the job done either way.  I think SONAR is a lot more elegant in that example, but people familiar with digital boards will probably find the Cubase model more familiar.

Likewise, the routing on SONAR is far more elegant.  With Cubase, if you want to have a reverb bus, you create an "effects track" and send to it.  But as far as I can tell, you can put only that one effect on each effects track -- again, just like most digital boards.  With SONAR, you send to a bus, and the bus can have any combination of effects and processing you desire.  In the real world, you can make either solution work, and again, a person familiar with digital boards might prefer the Cubase setup over the more elegant SONAR solution.

This isn't a criticism of either product.  The designers had different philosophies, but you can make either work.
2017/11/29 15:12:40
Taurean Mixing
Anybody notice unusual long VST scan?

To add: good news is that it seems it only takes really long on the first fresh scan. 
2017/11/29 15:33:50
cityrat
2017/11/29 17:28:30
LMG
Still wanna see what @mudgel has to share...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account