• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.41)
2017/11/29 17:46:59
cityrat
Has anyone actually received an email with the authorization for the demo?  Sent in my info a day or so ago.
2017/11/29 18:02:00
JClosed
cityrat
Has anyone actually received an email with the authorization for the demo?  Sent in my info a day or so ago.

Hmm.. I just singed up for the demo, and received the download link and activation almost instantly.

Although - I must say I am already a long therm user of Cubase (and own Cubase Pro 9), and because my account already exist for years it is possible the process is automated, while yours must be manually viewed. I am not sure about that, but it looks like an explanation to me. 
2017/11/29 18:04:59
35mm
The trial email wasn't working yesterday. I registered it again earlier and got the email instantly.
2017/11/29 18:05:34
Taurean Mixing
cityrat

cityrat, do it again. It should come to you instantly pretty much. 
2017/11/29 18:09:04
35mm
Don't have an e-licenser so I am trying Elements. I seem to have a big issue in that for me the GUI is very slow and laggy - taking seconds to respond to my input sometimes. Not sure what's going on there but it's making it virtually unusable.

2017/11/29 18:09:42
DeeringAmps
Good to know!
Thanks for the update.
T
2017/11/29 18:09:46
DeeringAmps
Good to know!
Thanks for the update.
T
2017/11/29 18:17:21
mudgel
Original order put on hold so rep could make enquirers from his Steinberg rep and to make sure I had the appropriate documentation available proving my eligibility for the crossgrade.

Bottom line is that the program is geo-tagged and my purchase through Sweetwater leaves me without official Australian Cubase support. However I still get online support from Steinberg and of course the lifetime support from Sweetwater.

Weird thing is that I haven’t been asked for any documentation along the way but as yet have not been able to install. The downloader shows the files as being downloaded but they are invisible in the download folder. The space is taken just no files visible. Under properties the folder shows the 11 or so Gig of data just no files. Anyway I’ve deleted them, reinstalled the Steinberg download manager and this time running it as admin. Still waiting for the download to finish.

I’ll keep you posted.

I don’t have my eLicenser yet so don’t know what part that plays. Hope to have it Friday.
2017/11/29 18:20:37
JClosed
35mm
Don't have an e-licenser so I am trying Elements. I seem to have a big issue in that for me the GUI is very slow and laggy - taking seconds to respond to my input sometimes. Not sure what's going on there but it's making it virtually unusable.

That's very strange, and absolutely not normal.
You do have Aero activated (and of course an graphic card that supports Aero)?
You can also try to restart your computer and see if that works out better.
2017/11/29 18:35:24
35mm
JClosed
35mm

That's very strange, and absolutely not normal.
You do have Aero activated (and of course an graphic card that supports Aero)?
You can also try to restart your computer and see if that works out better.

Tried restarting. I'm on Win 10. I thought Aero got screwed up in that? I have transparency enabled.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account