• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.42)
2017/11/29 18:45:37
JClosed
35mm
JClosed
35mm
Don't have an e-licenser so I am trying Elements. I seem to have a big issue in that for me the GUI is very slow and laggy - taking seconds to respond to my input sometimes. Not sure what's going on there but it's making it virtually unusable.

That's very strange, and absolutely not normal.
You do have Aero activated (and of course an graphic card that supports Aero)?
You can also try to restart your computer and see if that works out better.

Tried restarting. I'm on Win 10. I thought Aero got screwed up in that? I have transparency enabled.

I really have no idea. I am starting the 9.5 Demo up at this very moment, so I can take a look if it runs sluggy on my sytem also. I will try to open some projects and look how this goes.

I will be back after some trial runs. Last question - You do meet all hardware specs needed?
Be back soon. 
2017/11/29 18:51:22
mudgel
Installation went fine in the end however I cant open the program until my eLicenser is connected. just a few days for it to arrive. meantime there’s a manual to read.
2017/11/29 18:51:57
LMG
mudgel
Original order put on hold so rep could make enquirers from his Steinberg rep and to make sure I had the appropriate documentation available proving my eligibility for the crossgrade.

Bottom line is that the program is geo-tagged and my purchase through Sweetwater leaves me without official Australian Cubase support. However I still get online support from Steinberg and of course the lifetime support from Sweetwater.

Weird thing is that I haven’t been asked for any documentation along the way but as yet have not been able to install. The downloader shows the files as being downloaded but they are invisible in the download folder. The space is taken just no files visible. Under properties the folder shows the 11 or so Gig of data just no files. Anyway I’ve deleted them, reinstalled the Steinberg download manager and this time running it as admin. Still waiting for the download to finish.

I’ll keep you posted.

I don’t have my eLicenser yet so don’t know what part that plays. Hope to have it Friday.

Thank you. Please, keep us posted.
2017/11/29 18:52:41
35mm
JClosed
You do meet all hardware specs needed?

I believe so. My GPU is a GeForce 8800 GTX which is pretty old now, but I work a lot with graphics, video and 3D using all the latest software and have never had any issues.
2017/11/29 19:03:23
cityrat

Taurean Mixing

cityrat, do it again. It should come to you instantly pretty much. 

Nope - not working.  Tried it 3 times, I have a valid Cubase account (registerd 4.7 and elements 8).
Not a good way to try to sell a product.

Edit:  fourth try was a charm!  Have it now.

2017/11/29 19:53:40
JClosed
35mm
JClosed

I believe so. My GPU is a GeForce 8800 GTX which is pretty old now, but I work a lot with graphics, video and 3D using all the latest software and have never had any issues.

Well - After some testing here with some medium large projects I can say it runs very smooth. No slow response on input. But can you elaborate what input you mean? I mean - Is your MIDI keyboard slow, or your qwerty Keybord? Has sound recording latency problems?

I use an age old Nvidia Quadro 295 and the GTX8800, that's even more modern, supports also the DirectX 10 that is needed. So that could not be the problem. Do you have the minimum i5 processor needed? And the minimum 4Gb RAM (8Gb Recommended).

It seems a bit weird to me. I hope you find out what's wrong.
2017/11/29 20:41:16
khapahk1956
riojazz
khapahk1956
riojazz
There does not appear to be info in the 1064 page manual specifically about the differences.  There is a section about the Artist version but no description of what is missing that you would get in the Pro version.

There is a specific manual for notation called Score Layout and Printing in Pro 9.5 on the Pro 9.5  Manuals page.  This seems to cover all aspects of the notation function and runs to over 200 pages !  Might this have  the information you're looking for ?

Bob

Thanks, I read that, too.  Does not give any screen shots of actual notation.

Ah, good point, apologies if I misled you !

Bob
2017/11/29 21:22:25
bwbalint
Installed and running.  Been watching the Groove 3 video on Cubase 9 which has been very helpful.  Easy to get totally lost just clicking on everything except the Cubase Manual! My MCU PRO has good functionality, but of course the buttons are mapped much differently than in Sonar.  Opening scan of Cubase gets quicker each time.  Much more to come!
2017/11/29 23:38:54
jerrydf
Yep, all installed and licensed-up. There's a lot there. 

2017/11/30 00:20:12
35mm
JClosed
35mm
JClosed

Well - After some testing here with some medium large projects I can say it runs very smooth. No slow response on input. But can you elaborate what input you mean? I mean - Is your MIDI keyboard slow, or your qwerty Keybord? Has sound recording latency problems?

I use an age old Nvidia Quadro 295 and the GTX8800, that's even more modern, supports also the DirectX 10 that is needed. So that could not be the problem. Do you have the minimum i5 processor needed? And the minimum 4Gb RAM (8Gb Recommended).

It seems a bit weird to me. I hope you find out what's wrong.

No, sound, latency and everything else is fine. It's just the GUI/interface that is running really slow on my machine. Like, mouse click on a tab or drop-down option, or try to resize a track and it updates really slow. I am also noticing that sliding a fader is slow and jerky, and the meters are jerky too. Some VSTs GUIs are also affected the same way when running in Cubase, but not in Sonar - I tried AAS Ultra Analog and the midi light and output meter was slow and laggy. It must be something on my system, but I don't know what. Like I said, all my other software works fine. I may have to try a reinstall. At the moment it's reminiscent of browsing a media-intensive web page with the old 56K dial-up modem! Or, very much like when the CPU is maxed out and the refresh rate drops right down. However, the CPU is not maxed out at all.

Another issue I am having is that I posted about this problem in the Cubase forum. As it was my first post it has to be moderated before it gets approved. I posted it about 10 hours ago and it still hasn't been approved :(
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account