• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.44)
2017/11/30 18:19:07
Cat Cave
I took the offer yesterday. A reciept in my mailbox but how long is it before i get it? Dongle and box that is.
I think it ships from Germany and i live in Sweden.
Sad? Not really. I have had my fair share of troubleshooting.
This is an opportunity to learn something new. 
Cheers!
2017/11/30 19:14:49
beltrom
Cat Cave
I took the offer yesterday. A reciept in my mailbox but how long is it before i get it? Dongle and box that is.
I think it ships from Germany and i live in Sweden.
Sad? Not really. I have had my fair share of troubleshooting.
This is an opportunity to learn something new. 
Cheers!

I'm in the same situation (Germany shipping to Sweden) but on the east coast. Ordered Sunday got the stuff (media and key) this morning (Thursday) by UPS.
2017/11/30 20:37:48
w.joyce
why is the U.S crossgrade so much cheaper than the UK or euro offer? its about the the same price in pounds as it is in dollars which is outrageous its about 60 pounds more here.
2017/11/30 20:46:00
Cat Cave
w.joyce
why is the U.S crossgrade so much cheaper than the UK or euro offer? its about the the same price in pounds as it is in dollars which is outrageous its about 60 pounds more here.

Tax? I paid 25% vat, EU.
2017/11/30 20:49:35
cparmerlee
JClosed
The standard equalizer in the channel strip gives visual feedback. Just select an audio track and click on "Equalizers" in the inspector to get e small visual presentation. To get a bigger presentation, click on the "e" in the inspector and the channel settings window opens. There you can select the "Equalizer" tab to bring up a more detailed view.

Wow, that's a long way to go to get the window to open.  I was working on the equalizer in the mix window.  I would have expected some way to open the big window from there.  This stuff feels like you need a "secret handshake" for so many things that ought to be simple.  Last night, I enabled the Control Room, which was easy.  There was a big button in the middle of the Control Room display.  Later I was afraid this had created to redundant pathing so I wanted to simple disable the control room.  I literally searched for over an hour, including going through many articles in the Cubase documentation before i finally figured out you have to press F4 to set another window to pop up -- which doesn't match any of the documentation I saw.  On the pop-up window, there is a button to turn off the Control Room.

It seems really twisted to me that such a button would not actually be on the Control Room panel itself.

In the end, the CR was not my problem anyway.  That ended up being a different issue outside of Cubase.

2017/11/30 20:50:43
w.joyce
if you buy at sweetwater its 190 pounds including vat we shouldn't have to pay that much extra its 275 euro which is 242 pounds here in the uk.
2017/12/01 02:06:50
michael diemer
Re: the Cubase demo, does anyone know if you're supposed to download the full 11.75 GB Cubase 9.5, or the Demo Project 9.5? I'm downloading the full one, but at my download speed it's going to take all night.
2017/12/01 03:12:31
vintagevibe
Cat Cave
Tax? I paid 25% vat, EU.

That’s only fair since you have a functioning government. 😉
2017/12/01 03:12:53
Beagle
michael diemer
Re: the Cubase demo, does anyone know if you're supposed to download the full 11.75 GB Cubase 9.5, or the Demo Project 9.5? I'm downloading the full one, but at my download speed it's going to take all night.

only if you already have an elicense USB stick.  if you don't, then you won't be able to use the Pro version, so download the elements version instead which does not require the USB elicenser.

from the website:
You are already using a Cubase version or another product with a USB-eLicenser? Then check out our comprehensive top-of-the-line DAW — Cubase Pro 9.5

that means you have to have the elicenser in order to use the Pro demo.
2017/12/01 04:35:57
michael diemer
Fortunately I do have a dongle. I had to get one for my Vienna Instruments library. But they have something called the 9.5 demo project. Not sure what that is, but it's under 1 GB, so can't be much of a demo. I'll see tomorrow what I have, the download should be done by then.

I've already demoed Elements, and I have AI from my purchase of the UR-22, so I have something of an idea of how it works. I had imported a project and figured out how to configure everything for midi, it's faitly intuitive. I'm mainly interested in what the score editor looks like. The one in all the lower level versions is even worse than Sonar's.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account