• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.47)
2017/12/02 02:47:43
LMG
Frank-US
Folks, it is quite late over here... We have contacted in the meantime again the distribution partners that are not Europe or US. If this does not workout for want ever reason, we will have a plan B.

Every Sonar Customer who wants to check out the trial or want to cross-grade is welcome.
And we will find ways to make this happen for those who running into problems.

Best as always,
Frank

Finally some words of hope from Steinberg for those of us who want to move to Cubase and are having difficulties getting the crossgrade offer in our countries. Thank you Frank. We really appreciate it.
2017/12/02 03:44:12
ØSkald
i just purchased the crossgrade deal of sweetwather and got this mail.

Hi A˜yvind,

We are so sorry for the delay in delivering your software... While most software orders process immediately, something about your order did not verify correctly. This can usually be resolved quickly during business hours. We have assigned someone to investigate and personally see your order through the system. We'll contact you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Your friends at Sweetwater.

Do i need to document my Sonar or something?
2017/12/02 04:38:33
cparmerlee
LMG

I don't know what the issue might be.  I do know that Sweetwater was insanely busy this week.  In addition to the SONAR crossgrade, I bought an amp that had just arrived in stock.  Normally those orders go out in an hour or two.  This one didn't actually go out until the end of the next business day, which is really unheard of with Sweetwater.  My rep said the place was running nuts. There were lots of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that were left running all week.

I'm sure they will take care of you if you phone in on Saturday morning.
2017/12/02 09:32:24
Rob from Sydney
Thanks for your update Teclark7!

For those playing along internationally, I've got onto a retailer here in Australia who is following up with Yamaha.  The advice was they are still in the process of organising pricing.

So that at least sounds promising, at least something is in the works (and matches up with Frank's notes above).  Thanks also Frank for joining Steinberg back into this thread, the more detailed information is appreciated.

I'm not in a massive rush except just don't want to miss out completely, but more to set myself up to start learning an alternative for the future, and given my key interest is better notation Cubase seems an ideal way to go.  So for now I'll wait and see what gets sorted out, I'm kind of nervous about the same questions LMG raises, if I end up with a US copy/serial, will it make life harder when trying to update from 9.5 to 10 eventually, etc.

Rob
2017/12/02 13:15:53
mudgel
It won’t. It’s all legitimate. And as for no Aussie support. I think the fact that it’s still being discussed here, while in the rest of the world the deal is done and available. That’s pretty indicative of Aussie software support of overseas products.

With the conversion to aussie dollars I paid $400 including the dongle. If the Aussie price comes in under $489 I’d be very surprised. Don’t forget there’s GST to pay too. And the wait because there’s no physical stock of 9.5 in Australia according to my source.
2017/12/02 14:41:34
LMG
Jarsve

Hi A˜yvind,

We are so sorry for the delay in delivering your software... While most software orders process immediately, something about your order did not verify correctly. This can usually be resolved quickly during business hours. We have assigned someone to investigate and personally see your order through the system. We'll contact you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Your friends at Sweetwater.

Well, that's the message we all got before getting our orders declined. You might be lucky, though. Keep us posted.
2017/12/02 20:57:31
ØSkald
They say I can’t use the software out of the US because of legal issues. I can order it by giving them a US address but later the program will complain then it finds out it is not in the US.
2017/12/02 20:59:18
ØSkald
Will we ever get a cross grade lisence in Europe and other non US places?
2017/12/02 21:05:49
ØSkald
I guess I misunderstood his post. It will work, but it will be a wrong time zone. I didn’t know a DAW had a time zone.
2017/12/02 23:35:48
Glyn Barnes
Jarsve
Will we ever get a cross grade licence in Europe and other non US places?
I purchased my crossgrade in Europe (UK) direct from Steinberg. It was shipped from Germany. The issues appear to occur outside of Europe or the USA.

Before I retired I encountered (non music) software companies that imposed geographically limited licensing, this was a right pain as our business was very mobile and international.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account