• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.5)
2017/11/24 00:46:53
cityrat
So is there a demo of Cubase 9.5 (or 9 or 8...) that we can download and try?  I have an eLicenser if needed, just cant find a demo anywhere.
2017/11/24 00:50:25
deswind
1.  If one buys the crossgrade - does it work right away or does one have to hear back from Steinberg about giving them the Sonar serial number or something?

2.  Can both Cubase 9.5. and Sonar Platinum exist on the computer at the same time without causing problems?

THANKS in advance!
2017/11/24 00:54:42
Greg Ondo
The VariAudio functionality in Cubase can already take an audio bass part and turn it into MIDI in case you did not know.

All the best,

Greg
2017/11/24 00:57:15
Unknowen
I'm not thanking Cubase for anything!
And this makes my point of another post earlier today! RUDE Vultures!
Posting an ad here is WRONG, in bad tasted and IS against forum rules!!!
Yet pinned here by a host!

There is NO debate here! This is an AD! and at a time when heads are spinning on what to do next? Where should we spend our cash? Cubase is trying to take advantage of a state of confusion and spontaneous buying!

Do you really want to put your recording future with a company that would do this?

2017/11/24 00:57:17
Greg Ondo
Cactus Music
I'm not sure why people are so against the  dongle e licenser. For me it's been the most trouble free system of activation.
No use complaining it's very successful for them and the handfull of potential customers they might loose over it are more than made up for in the lack of piracy they experiance. You can't even join the forum with out a registration. 

Certainly as simple as first Install to Computer A, then move it to computer B and install Wave Lab, move it to computer C and install Wave Lab and on and on. NO INTERNET needed after the dongle has been loaded with your licences. I install Wave Lab and Cubase 5LE from the Disks and as long as the dongle is there it works.  And I think the same dongle works for a lot of other brands of software too. So you get more milage out of the $35 if you use more than one software with it. Sure it hogs a USB port but that's only an issue on a Laptop. And a cheap HUB solves the problem, share your port with your wireless mouse. 

Because of our numbers, I see an opportunity here  to shape the future of other DAWs. Say we all say, sure, we'll give you our money,, but could you please add these features, or at least think about them. Example I really need Melodyn to turn my Audio bass parts into midi, this is paramount to my workflow now. So Cubase is out for me until that happens. 
It would be my first choice otherwise as I'm already comfortable from using Cubase 5 LE. You want stability I can't think of even once that either Wave Lab or Cubase ever acted up on me. 

We would love to get your feedback as a group.  The VariAudio editor in Cubase Pro currently does take an audio bass part and transcribe it into MIDI.

All the best,
2017/11/24 00:57:59
Anderton
Cubase is a fine program. I am well versed in it, and have used it much in the past. They even use my Quadrafuzz processor in there, and they were very kind to make sure it had my blessing before they released it.

I think the point that is being missed here is that every DAW has a different personality, different set of strengths, and aims for a different target audience. It is not the job of the software to align with your needs, it is your job to find out which software aligns best with your needs. There are some people for example who would use Cubase and couldn't stand the thought of using Reason. But there are others who would use Reason and find Cubase cumbersome.

You really owe it to yourselves to download demos and play with these programs for a while, rather than obsess about crossgrade prices, how it's licensed, etc. Find out which program has good "chemistry" with you, learn it, and make great music. Although these programs have many similarities, it is the differences that will cause people to choose one over the other. No single program does it all or is bug-free...YOU have to choose the one that comes closest to your needs.
2017/11/24 00:59:23
Resonant Serpent
Cactus Music
Because of our numbers, I see an opportunity here  to shape the future of other DAWs. Say we all say, sure, we'll give you our money,, but could you please add these features, or at least think about them. Example I really need Melodyn to turn my Audio bass parts into midi, this is paramount to my workflow now. So Cubase is out for me until that happens. 
It would be my first choice otherwise as I'm already comfortable from using Cubase 5 LE. You want stability I can't think of even once that either Wave Lab or Cubase ever acted up on me. 

The VariAudio in Cubase is excellent, and allows you to easily extract MIDI from any audio. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWodn2mhMB8
2017/11/24 01:05:00
Karyn
11Dreams
I'm not thanking Cubase for anything!
And this makes my point of another post earlier today! RUDE Vultures!
Posting an ad here is WRONG, in bad tasted and IS against forum rules!!!
Yet pinned here by a host!

There is NO debate here! This is an AD! and at a time when heads are spinning on what to do next? Where should we spend our cash? Cubase is trying to take advantage of a state of confusion and spontaneous buying!

Do you really want to put your recording future with a company that would do this?

Yes,  I see your point.  But users are posting rumours and hearsay throughout the forum. Cakewalk is no longer trading, the store is closed, 3rd party retailers are removing Sonar from their stores.

The "ad" is making Sonar users aware of a special offer.  

In the interest of commercial fairness...  I've been talking to Rick Naqvi, VP of sales at PreSonus.  They will be announcing a special offer for Sonar users on Tuesday.
2017/11/24 01:14:25
telecharge
Anderton
You really owe it to yourselves to download demos and play with these programs for a while, rather than obsess about crossgrade prices, how it's licensed, etc.

I'm not obsessing. It's just where I draw the line. I understand other people feel differently.
2017/11/24 01:31:55
dannyjmusic
One thing about Cubase , that I wish Sonar had implemented, is the way you can import a video...and drag the video just like an audio track...that's really helpful for scoring to picture. Sonar was really archaic using video...having to use an avi was crazy, then not really being able to move the video around . I put up with that for years .. I used Sonar for  20 years, putting up with the crashing, witch is is STILL doing regularly, but I didnt want to switch and learn a new  DAW because it would take a lot of time and slow me down...Maybe this is a good thing , to force a switch.  
I just saw this cool thing in Cubase where you have a sampler track, can drag midi or audio onto that track, or just a piece, whatever, and you now can trigger that audio with a keyboard, playing as a pitched instrument spread out all over the keyboard, manipulte the sound , etc  , just like any other sampler. and it only takes a few seconds.....really cool!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account