• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.8)
2017/11/24 04:12:16
paul jenkins
35mm
Jari
husker
Just posted on KVR:

"Actually the price for the competitive price was €359 until today. In order to make it available as soon as possible we just reduced the price to €289. After the Welcome Offer Promo the price will go back to €359."

So, 290$ in the US probably.

24 hours ago when I was looking for alternative DAW Sweetwater's price for Cubase Pro Competitive Crossgrade was already dropped from $449.99 to $325.00.

And this: "This is a specially priced version of Cubase Pro 9.5 for registered owners of one of the following: Ableton Live Standard/Suite, Apple Logic, Avid Pro Tools/Pro Tools HD, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum/Professional, Image-Line FL Studio Signature/Producer, MOTU Digital Performer, PreSonus Studio One Professional, or Propellerhead Reason 6+." More here. (it's exactly the same ad that I saw 24 hours ago)

Yep same as I saw 24hrs ago too. The OP did say starting on 23rd though. We will wait and see. You know it's the end of Cakewalk when a sales guy from Steinberg posts an offer in this forum without getting banned :/ Sad.

yeah, I just wish the guy from Steinburg was telling us how they were going to takeover sonar!!!......I have no money to buy a whole new setup.....I just spent so much money on sonar, and I only just started getting somewhere....really bad timing....a year ago I really should have bought a mac with garage band, but instead I invested in sonar........Yes steinburg, if you really want our business your going to need to make better offers than that..........I had a go of studio one, melodyne and addictive drums, wouldn't even work......I spent $100 of dollars on all that stuff....boo Gibson!!!
2017/11/24 04:15:13
BENT
Hi All, I'm saddened been here since ProAudio 4.5 but life go's on.
Can someone please tell me if I can run a Cubase demo without having a dongle e licenser
Thanks
2017/11/24 04:20:49
Unknowen
Karyn
11Dreams
I'm not thanking Cubase for anything!
And this makes my point of another post earlier today! RUDE Vultures!
Posting an ad here is WRONG, in bad tasted and IS against forum rules!!!
Yet pinned here by a host!

There is NO debate here! This is an AD! and at a time when heads are spinning on what to do next? Where should we spend our cash? Cubase is trying to take advantage of a state of confusion and spontaneous buying!

Do you really want to put your recording future with a company that would do this?

The "ad" is making Sonar users aware of a special offer.  

This is the WRONG area for a "AD"! This is STILL the SONAR area! move this to the OTHER software area!
2017/11/24 04:22:35
Unknowen
BENT
Hi All, I'm saddened been here since ProAudio 4.5 but life go's on.
Can someone please tell me if I can run a Cubase demo without having a dongle e licenser
Thanks

Maybe the "Cubase forum" is the place to ask!
2017/11/24 04:28:57
RSMCGUITAR
Dude, you're being a huge crybaby. Get over yourself.
2017/11/24 04:29:26
BENT
good point thanks

2017/11/24 04:35:55
Markubl2
He certainly has a serious problem with Cubase.  Whatever.

I for one am extremely sad to see Sonar go, but am really looking forward to Cubase.

I am grateful that other companies are stepping in to help out.  Sure they want the business. 
2017/11/24 04:38:36
Markubl2
11Dreams
Karyn
You'll not be able to put the same license on two dongles.   But even the Sonar license doesn't allow you to use Sonar in two places at once....  they trust you to keep it single user, even if you loaded many machines.

So is it that you are a spokesperson for Steinberg  here?  you pinned this sales ad here against the rules!

Actually dude, read the thread.  One of the forum hosts pinned it.  
2017/11/24 04:47:57
denverdrummer
Can we get clarification on the pricing?  I'm hearing $290 and $325.  The price I see on Sweetwater is $325, a great price, but if I can get it for less, that's even better. 
2017/11/24 04:52:11
Markubl2
Steinberg verified $290 on KVR earlier.  Supposed to go into effect tomorrow.  We'll see. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account