• Software
  • message from Greg Ondo of Steinberg (p.9)
2017/11/24 05:17:20
michael diemer
soens
How do I do this when I have no more USB ports? I have a 10 port hub that's filled up.

Add a new hub inside your computer.
2017/11/24 05:28:19
abacab
Cubase Elements is only $99, and that is probably enough for a lot of people.

Ideal for: Home recordists, bands, singer/songwriters, creative musicians

https://www.steinberg.net...e/cubase_elements.html
2017/11/24 05:33:10
JonD
michael diemer
soens
How do I do this when I have no more USB ports? I have a 10 port hub that's filled up.

Add a new hub inside your computer.

Yep, unless you're on a laptop. Then just get a hub with more ports. For example:

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Adapter-Control-Switches-HB-U14P/dp/B00HL7Z46K/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511501461
2017/11/24 05:57:02
SandlinJohn
And if you wish, you can probably keep using SONAR. The only places I suspect will be reluctant to keep using "abandoned" software will be production studios... be even then some will keep using what works and what they know how to work.

I'm sticking with SONAR. I have used an older Cubase and didn't like it much. Just a personal preference, but it's my preference.
2017/11/24 07:22:33
yevster
First of all, I think any personal attacks on Greg or any other contributor are uncalled for. Now that there’s no Cakewalk to compete with, I think his outreach to Sonar users in their natural habitat on a holiday is commendable.

Second, while I personally much prefer StudioOne, I do own Cubase 9, and I think it’s more Sonar-like than S1 is. Cakewalk users seem to have a higher tolerance for complexity and the need to configure. In return, Cubase can offer a lot of advanced functionality, in addition to a great library of sounds, instruments, and effects. Greg is a great presenter and product expert, and no harm can come from hearing him out.

Lastly, the dread people have of losing their ability to activate Sonar makes a good case for dongles. If the lights go out at Steinberg, people can continue using their software or even install the software onto a new computer.
2017/11/24 07:29:12
LJB
Anyone find a demo of Cubase 9.5 please post it - seems non-existent.
2017/11/24 08:40:57
metz
The offer is great but there's no way I'm getting a DAW that requires e-licenser. And no, I pay for my software and dont support piracy at all, it has nothing to do with that.

How does licensing work for other DAW's out there. I'm mainly looking in the direction of Studio One at the moment. The one time license of FL Studio looks promising but I've never really enjoyed working with the trial versions I've tested.

/M
2017/11/24 09:05:51
telecharge
metz

How does licensing work for other DAW's out there. I'm mainly looking in the direction of Studio One at the moment. The one time license of FL Studio looks promising but I've never really enjoyed working with the trial versions I've tested.

Licensing schemes vary some, but the two you mention (and most others) simply require logging in with a username and password when authorizing, and they both offer offline options, too.
2017/11/24 09:12:22
HARDDRlVER
I'm just too over this.
I invested everything I had in splat last December 31. If I had wanted cubase, or anything else, that's what I would've bought.
Promised lifetime...
on a sinking ship...
that had no lifeboats!

I'm not ready to even look at another daw, yet.
Its like I'm at my girlfriend 's funeral, and some other chick is flirting with me, trying to catch me on the rebound...for a price.
Poor taste...
Its like the ambulance-chasing lawyers.
And not only that, cubase is giving a time limit to decide.
They're NOT concerned about you...
They're concerned with how much success they can get from Gibson's failure.

Look at it this way;
Many Sonar users had different versions and paid accordingly.
Will cubase offer a discount in accordance with the version Sonar users were paying for?

Moreover, the person who stickied this thread demands that discussion be kept to cubase banter, only.
So speaking about our dearly departed (sonar)...is somehow off limits???

Just my two synths.
2017/11/24 09:43:56
Karyn
A reminder.

No one is trying to take business away from Cakewalk.  Cakewalk have stopped trading.

Your Sonar will keep working.

This thread is for discussing the offer made by Steinberg to Sonar users.

PreSonus are announcing a special offer for Sonar users on Tuesday, there will be a similar thread.

Please keep related chat to these threads and keep the main forum clear for "normal" posts.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account