• Software
  • SONAR song imported as MP3 into Mixcraft 8 (collaboration and publishing blog post)
2018/01/05 19:08:06
aconte22
Hey Sonar Users, please check out my latest blog post taking a song I recorded in SONAR, and then, remixed and published in Mixcraft 8. http://www.anthonyshomestudio.com/2018/01/how-songwriters-collaborate-and-publish.html

Also, if you are interested in the inside story of the beginnings, rise and fall of Cakewalk, check out the "End of an era for Cakewalk" post too. http://www.anthonyshomestudio.com/2017/11/end-of-era-for-cakewalk_21.html

Join hundreds of SONAR users who have taken advantage of the Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio $99 Crossgrade offer (ends Jan. 31, 2018).
https://www.acoustica.com/sonar-crossgrade.php

Best Regards,
Anthony
Current VP of Sales at Acoustica
Former VP of Sales at Cakewalk (worked at CWK for 19 years, 12 as VP)
2018/01/05 19:43:37
bapu
I did not read your blog, but based on your thread title.......

The worst thing you can do is use an mp3 for collaboration.

I hope this is the last time I need to point this out (probably not) as I've done numerous times.

An mp3 has about 72 samples at the beginning of file that is not present in a wav file.

So you collaborator is immediately out of sync no matter what (s)he sends back to you. Compound that with your collaborator send her/his mix in an mp3 to the next collaborator and that collaborator is now out of sync and sends you a wav for the final. That wav is now (at minimum) 144 samples out of sync with you.

One caveat, atmospheric or free form Jazz may not experience the out-of-sync as much as tight EDM or Rock or Prog or Metal.
2018/01/05 19:49:11
aconte22
Hi Ed,
Thanks for that info. I appreciate it.
-Anthony
2018/01/05 21:25:53
Zargg
Read the blog, Anthony.
It was a good read.
All the best.
2018/01/05 22:23:24
aconte22
Zargg
Read the blog, Anthony.
It was a good read.
All the best.

Thanks Ken.  Appreciate your kind words.
Anthony
2018/01/05 22:47:04
jude77
Good read.  It reminded me of just how far DAWS have come in 30 years. 

Best of luck to both you and Mixcraft!
2018/01/05 23:03:56
aconte22
jude77
Good read.  It reminded me of just how far DAWS have come in 30 years. 

Best of luck to both you and Mixcraft!

Thanks Jude.  It has been quite an interest recording evolution in such a short period of time, relatively speaking.
Anthony 
2018/01/05 23:17:32
Cactus Music
I thought we were finished with this. This forum is for helping people with Sonar issues not promoting other software. That belongs in Software form. 
I tried Mixcraft and it is nice, but I might as well use my copy of X3e which has more going for it. 

And I agree with Ed, Mp3's are for the kids to play with :) 

2018/01/06 01:28:22
digimidi
Wow! I picked up Mixcraft Pro 8 at the crossgrade price and I am digging it.  Looks like Mixcraft will continue to improve the product in the future.  I've been composing and recording music since the sixties and use and have used several of the DAWs out there.  People are looking for alternatives just like I was, so this is an appropriate a venue as any to expose folks to them.  I continue to use Sonar Platinum (I even purchased the lifetime updates) as well as Reaper, Presonus Studio One 3 in addition to Mixbus and Acid Pro.

Cheers
2018/01/06 01:44:52
backwoods
I bought mixcraft7 on sale last year but never really used it but since cakewalk has gone tits up have upgraded to 8. It reminds me of Project 5v2. I like it!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account