• Software
  • Pseudo "real-time waveform preview" in Reaper
2018/01/08 06:45:27
BENT
Somewhere in the labyrinth of recent posts was a breakdown of how best to emulate splats "real-time waveform preview" in Reaper.
I've searched till my eyes are saw but I just can't fine where. Can someone please post a link? Please!!!
2018/01/08 13:24:37
dcumpian
Why would you want to?

Dan
2018/01/08 22:38:29
BENT
Sorry dcumpian...
My bad I meant "real-time waveform preview"
I'll blame it on too many late nights trying out Reaper, Samplitude, Mixcraft and Protools 
Have changed title  
2018/01/09 00:03:51
JohnKenn
Bent,
Maybe I don't understand just what you need, but you can do real time preview of the wav being created in Reaper just by recording. The wav is represented in real time to any level of magnification you need.
Bit off topic, but good to note again that you can use any external audio editor of your choice within Reaper. Reaper has its own wav editor which many claim to be more than sufficient.
However, if you go to the Preferences> External Editors, then add the path of the third party exe file, then Ctrl+Alt+E will open that editor. You have the option of viewing, editing a copy or the original, destructive editing of the original. I have Adobe Audition linked. For what it's worth, you could even link Sonar as the editor.
John
2018/01/09 04:27:56
BENT
JohnKenn
you can use any external audio editor of your choice within Reaper. Reaper has its own wav editor which many claim to be more than sufficient.

John, Thank you very much for your reply :) and yes it works fine for me today.
last night I had a group of percussion tracks that I sent to a bus, started record and could not get it to work.
Also thanks for the additional info on External Editors.

Truth is I think I've hit "overload"
Problem... To many DAW's and to many learning curves in to short a time.
Solution... Go to the beach with a good book (nothing to do with audio) and get some beers on the way home.

Second thoughts, I think I'll just go and get the beer!!!
You might have toggled the display of peaks off.

Preferences/Appearance/Peaks/Waveforms/'Display peaks for media items'

You can also toggle spectral peaks so the frequency has an effect on the color of the peaks.

https://www.youtube.com/w...ure=youtu.be&t=195
2018/01/09 22:32:00
BENT
Glenn... Thanks for the link
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account