2014/11/13 23:24:57
Mychael628
I just ran into this problem while working on a project.

I have TTS 1 inserted into a project with CH 1 as a warm pad and CH 2 as strings. I decided I wanted to change(audition)to a different string set on CH 2. When I right click to see the presets. NOTHING ! It will not allow me to select any instr on ANY channel.I've tried opening/closing session, rebooting inserting a 2nd TTS but get the same result there. There is audio output to what I had earlier designated that I can hear fine, I just can't create or change instruments.

Anyone had this problem?

I've rebooted and still nothing.

Hints: since insertion the icon in synth rack is greyed out. This happened with the new synth I tried as an experiment. Also, I had just done a FREEZE and unfreeze synth earlier in my work.

Thanks for any help.
~Michael~

2014/11/14 13:52:04
Guitarhacker
Have you tried to load a different or a new project to see if this carries over or if it just affects that one project? 

I seem to recall in the past that I had a similar issue. Apparently the project had gotten corrupted somehow and nothing would work right.... it played but I could add or change the synths.

I ended up creating a new project and copied the midi tracks and audio over to the new project. Everything worked perfectly in the new project so I deleted the old broken one.  I only recall this happening one time..... don't know what caused it.
2014/11/15 04:27:13
Mychael628
I was getting ready to try your suggestion, when I found a work around.

Rather than try to bring up the pre-sets by right clicking the midi channel, I click the button at the top of the channel, which brings up the edit functions, which then allowed me the ability to access the different pre-sets. Not sure why, but it worked. TTS is working normally in all other projects right now, so I guess I'm good.

But I think this will be the way I access the pre-sets in the future anyway. It allows for more immediate manipulation... TH

Michael

2014/11/15 23:55:57
swamptooth
Hi Michael, 
Unless you have your mouse set up with reversed buttons, right-clicking does not bring up presets.  you left-click the preset name next to the volume slider.  Hope I didn't misread your post.
2014/12/07 11:24:42
robert_e_bone
Good call, Arvid.  I was just going to post the same thing.

Bob Bone

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account