2015/08/10 17:36:06
kitekrazy1
 I would rather not resort to a reg hack for this feature almost every DAW has not named Sonar. 
2015/08/10 18:09:47
BobF
There's a solution here ->  http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3238243

BTW, why would other DAWs name Sonar? 
2015/08/10 18:53:36
kitekrazy1
BobF
There's a solution here ->  http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3238243

BTW, why would other DAWs name Sonar? 

I guess you missed it.   

I would rather not resort to a reg hack for this feature almost every DAW has not named Sonar.

Live, FL Studio, Reaper, Acid Pro has this function.  Proprietary Reason does not.  It was removed when the X Series came out.   

It's a feature request
2015/08/10 20:59:30
BobF
I didn't miss anything.  I just can't follow the sentence

Yes, the feature will be great when it gets here.  In the mean time, the link I provided you with has tools that eliminate the need to diddle the registry directly
2015/08/10 21:29:36
John T
As it stands, I believe the issue only arises if you're trying to use a 32 bit wave editor with a 64 bit version of Sonar.

I agree that they should try to sort it out, but anyone with a long enough memory will recall that Sonar have been supporting this feature since long before other DAWs had it. Sound Forge has been automatically popping up in a Cakewalk / Sonar menu since at least 1995. Current implementation is a bit shoddy, but wanted to point the history out in the interests of fairness.
2015/08/10 21:33:41
John T
In fact, the latest version of Izotope RX incorporates Izotope's own method for passing files back and forth between a DAW and RX, for the very reason that most DAWs still don't do this *at all*. It's a shame that Cakewalk haven't stayed on top of it, and kept it working as well as it should, but you know Pro Tools? Doesn't do this at all. Not the automatic addition of the app, nor the file passing.
2015/08/10 21:36:09
kitekrazy1
BobF
I didn't miss anything.  I just can't follow the sentence

Yes, the feature will be great when it gets here.  In the mean time, the link I provided you with has tools that eliminate the need to diddle the registry directly

Which is exactly the reason why I posted this.  It didn't work for me. The exported reg file I saved years ago worked.   You shouldn't have to do this to a $500 DAW when many others have this. So yes you did miss something.  The utility tool is a reg hack
Seriously do you feel the need to piss on and debate my feature request? 
2015/08/10 21:45:45
kitekrazy1
John T
As it stands, I believe the issue only arises if you're trying to use a 32 bit wave editor with a 64 bit version of Sonar.

I agree that they should try to sort it out, but anyone with a long enough memory will recall that Sonar have been supporting this feature since long before other DAWs had it. Sound Forge has been automatically popping up in a Cakewalk / Sonar menu since at least 1995. Current implantation is a bit shoddy, but wanted to point the history out in the interests of fairness.

I have all versions of Sonar except for Sonar 6 and they all had that option.
2015/08/10 21:47:15
scook
John T

Most editors are 32bit and work fine in 64bit SONAR. Editors would not really benefit from 64bit because they do need to address that much memory.

But this has nothing to do with the request. Even if CW implemented automatic editor detection again, it would modify the registry just like the programs in message #2.

While waiting for Cakewalk to implement this request, if anyone has trouble using the tool I wrote, I would be glad to help.
2015/08/10 21:57:39
kitekrazy1
scook
John T

Most editors are 32bit and work fine in 64bit SONAR. Editors would not really benefit from 64bit because they do need to address that much memory.

But this has nothing to do with the request. Even if CW implemented automatic editor detection again, it would modify the registry just like the programs in message #2.

While waiting for Cakewalk to implement this request, if anyone has trouble using the tool I wrote, I would be glad to help.

It didn't work for me.  I don't know why.  I had Sonar 7, 8, 8.5 one the same machine and exporting reg files worked.  I kept these.  I do believe after using it in the X series the settings transferred.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account