2015/08/10 22:06:28
scook
If you want help, feel free to PM me or post here.
If you supply a reg file and whether using 32bit/64bit or both versions of SONAR, I can PM or post an image of what the screen should look like and/or correct the reg file if necessary.
2015/08/11 08:13:42
mudgel
kitekrazy1
BobF
I didn't miss anything.  I just can't follow the sentence

Yes, the feature will be great when it gets here.  In the mean time, the link I provided you with has tools that eliminate the need to diddle the registry directly

Which is exactly the reason why I posted this.  It didn't work for me. The exported reg file I saved years ago worked.   You shouldn't have to do this to a $500 DAW when many others have this. So yes you did miss something.  The utility tool is a reg hack
Seriously do you feel the need to piss on and debate my feature request? 

Apparently the editor needs to be registered and apparently this was something that Sony used to do and stopped doing at some time.

See this link. http://forum.cakewalk.com/findpost/1850700

From memory it was around Sonar 6, the year after Sonar became 64 bit. Whether the editor is 32 or 64 bit doesn't matter but it did matter regarding a utility of the day called Sonar Utils written by Etahn Wyner.

Adding a 3rd party editor to Sonars utility menu is not a "hack" as you call it.

Registry entries are a means to lots of features because that's how they're done. There are currently lots of feature options which are activated or deactivated by changes to ini files or registry keys.

In fact if you look at the various entries in the Utility menu (the default ones) are all registry entries. If Cakewalk fulfilled your feature request it would still be to create a registry entry to let Sonar know where the editor is located.

Anyway to the help. If you've used scook's utility (follow link in my signature) and it hasn't worked take him up on his offer to help. Just some background for you. I hope your problem gets sorted out.
2015/08/18 14:59:07
kitekrazy1
 We could argue semantics but it's a hack and requires outside intervention of the apps.  So if FL Studio has it, Reaper has it,  why can't Sonar have it? Of course Vegas has it.

This is a my feature request. I'm tired of it being a debate.
2015/08/24 18:48:28
manciamusic
Hello guys im just offering the idea of having in the upcoming updates some sort of ability to plug any external audio editor
At this time i used to use Sonar utilities Freeware to add my old Cool edit Pro to the menu Now i do the Regedit trick for the platinum but does not work in windows 8 64 bits for some reason...

i would like to see a easy way to add an external editor in  a future version  also expand the range of tools for audio editing in sonar
so... no need of more robust external editors... that's why i love cool edit ( now adobe audition) or sound forge even when they are very old ...they do the job...

I Think sonar Its the best DAW for windows and it deserve an up to date audio editing tools right out of the box...

Thanks
2015/08/24 18:53:02
scook
merged with previous request
2015/08/25 02:23:44
manciamusic

i know there is a utility to add external editor to the menu... but it did not work with sonar platinum and adobe audition cc

i went manually to the registry... and carefully tried add the keys but no success...and got the "cannot create process" error message, then tried make them play both as administrator and no success at all... "cannot create process"
then i went again to the registry and add the keys to the wow64 thing and no success..."cannot create process" i tried audition CC2015 and other audio 3 software (cool edit, soundforge 5, Avs audio editor) and no connection at all

Very sad an disappointed...

2015/08/25 08:20:35
mdages
I would think here one step ahead and request a nice ARA audio editor integrated into Sonar.

_Markus
2015/08/25 12:23:37
scook
manciamusic

i know there is a utility to add external editor to the menu... but it did not work with sonar platinum and adobe audition cc

i went manually to the registry... and carefully tried add the keys but no success...and got the "cannot create process" error message, then tried make them play both as administrator and no success at all... "cannot create process"
then i went again to the registry and add the keys to the wow64 thing and no success..."cannot create process" i tried audition CC2015 and other audio 3 software (cool edit, soundforge 5, Avs audio editor) and no connection at all

Very sad an disappointed...

This is usually caused when SONAR is running as administrator and the other program is not. Windows will not allow it so SONAR cannot either. Change the programs to run with the same privileges and it should work.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account