2015/08/26 10:05:52
hansvaneven
Just in case this might interest you, please vote here :

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Professional-Score-editor-m3274614.aspx

thanks!

Hans
2015/08/26 10:13:36
gunboatdiplomacy
vote for CW to spend time and money on a feature that is already dominated by another well-financed company that is not a direct competitor? Where did you get your degree, The Trump School of Business?

it's better they partner with Sibelius like they do with Overloud or AAS.(but keep in mind, it's owned by Avid so...Aint. Gonna. Happen.)
2015/08/26 10:21:12
hansvaneven
Hey there, no need to start becoming insulting, if you don't agree no problem!

The score editor hasn't been updated since a long time, we can't even display triplets, and seriously I'm sure quite a lot of people are interested in this feature since a long time or are forced to use other DAW software for this feature.. Using Sibelius or other software is NOT an option for me as it's not very practical or doesn't even work, and a good score editor inside a DAW which can be used as midi editor is actually a must of you're used to make music with notation or do work on orchestral scores. Hence the reason why the competition uses it and actually more and more DAW's will have this in the future.

cheers,

Hans

2015/08/26 10:33:44
robert_e_bone
Hi - I moved this here, as a more appropriate place for it.  Folks will see this and vote for it here, as they do for other ideas, and Cakewalk folks look in this forum for consideration of popular ideas.

Bob Bone

2015/08/26 10:36:44
hansvaneven
Hi Bob, thanks but it was just a link to a topic I already posted here http://forum.cakewalk.com/Professional-Score-editor-m3274614.aspx but as not many people seem to visit this part I thought that posting a link to the most popular SONAR forum.

Hans
2015/08/26 13:33:38
AT
I'm w/ gunboat.  I don't use staff, so I'd prefer Cake to concentrate on things I do use.
2015/08/26 14:50:35
BobF
As cool as I think this would be, I think the best approach would be to allow integration with 3rd party notation tools by means of some standard mechanism that would give users the choice in what tool to use.

2015/08/26 15:07:46
dcumpian
Agree with BobF.

Dan
2015/08/26 17:12:44
hansvaneven
Hi Bob and Dan, that would be ok if the 3rd party tool would be developed inside SONAR, if it's another software to open alongside SONAR then it would be too much of a hassle to use.

Please don't get me wrong, I understand that this will take some resources, but don't forget that the competition is also making progress on this, we all know the biggest one, Cubase, but Digital Performer is now on PC and has a very good score editor and is one of the most used DAWs for film scoring, Studio One has bought Notion and from what I understand it seems that a future version may include a score editor, Reaper 5.1 will most probably have a score editor, Samplitude Pro X has a score editor, so I really think it would make sense for SONAR to have at least a usable score editor. 

cheers,
Hans
2015/08/26 21:26:30
BobF
Hans -

IMO, the marriage to a 3rd party notation tool would ideally support two-way communication similar to the way rewire works, except that the same data type could travel both directions.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account