2015/08/27 09:18:39
hansvaneven
Hi Bob, 

I'm personally not a supporter of a 3rd party app you have to launch on top of a DAW, from experience this is more extra work (save and setup) that will slow down the creation process. One of the reasons that Digital Performer, Logic Audio and Cubase Score have so much success is that they have a good score editor. But that's my opinion, SONAR X3 is really very powerful but the score editor is really something I miss very hard, working on midi with a score is so much easier when you're used to write and read music.

cheers,

Hans
2015/08/27 10:19:06
KPerry
Depends what you want to do with the score...

If it's for quick and dirties, then fix the bugs in SONAR's editor (which I think Jerry Gerber (sp?) has expressed clearly in the past in the forum)

If it's for genuine score production, then just get the data into Sibelius.
2015/08/27 10:23:37
hansvaneven
I think it needs more then just a fix of bugs, the current editor is lacking quite a number of tools, and if you want to compete with other DAWs ... No need to get it as advanced as Sibelius, but at least good usuable functions would be great to be able to make a basic "readable" scores, and why not implement a basic editor and then being able to further edit in a more advanced (separate ?) version.

2015/08/27 10:39:08
KPerry
I just don't think that's worth it - it's "good enough" when the bugs are fixed but would never be "good enough" to do full score production, so there's a very limited market (and probably reasonably high cost) to justify the development time.
2015/08/27 10:41:59
hansvaneven
Well it seems to be worth for other companies and even a low budget Reaper will include it in next version, so I guess there must be some market for it ... anyway, I let it to the folks of Cakewalk, I understand this takes ressources, so I don't know how many people have asked for this so far, just wanted to give my input on this ;)
2015/08/27 11:13:03
KPerry
Understood - difference of opinion, that's all :-)
2015/08/27 11:22:17
hansvaneven
:)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account