• Software
  • I just bought Goliath to celebrate new year's....
2018/01/01 00:38:16
djwayne
I just bought East West's Goliath sound sample program. 40 gigs of 180 great sounding instruments. It took 12.5 hours to download, but I got it first try.

Now that I've settled on Studio One to be my main DAW, I can concentrate on music, and I felt a need for more sound sample to work with, and East West has some great sounding samples in the Goliath program. Adding this to my Symphonic Orchestra samples and IvoryII piano samples makes sense to me. This will give me a great sound palette to work with.

Like many other programs recently, I caught it on sale for 50% off of the reg $399 price, I got it for $199. I believe the sale price ends tonight, but I'm not sure.

Happy New year's !!
2018/01/01 03:28:55
djwayne
Well I've had a chance to demo some of the sounds in Goliath and I'm happy to report they sound great. VERY realistic as they are actually sampled from actual instruments. Not fake, sound something like  ______ . These are the real deal. When they say B3, they mean it. When they say Bagpipes, it's actually bagpipes.....Lots and lots and lots of great sounding instruments that cover the whole spectrum of sounds.....Kudos to East West, they did a great job on this incredible library of sounds.
2018/01/03 07:31:46
mudgel
Goliath was the first decent sample library I bought. It’s been around a while but has stood the test of time.
2018/01/03 08:22:28
djwayne
Yes I know it's an older program, but it's loaded with great sounds and that's what I wanted. I'm trying to upgrade my available sound samples, and this is a major addition for me. I already have Symphonic Orchestra Silver and Gold, so Goliath really expands my collection nicely.

I also bought the new Play 6 browser and I love it....it has a search engine built into the browser that'll call up many sounds by just a word. It'll search all your installed libraries or all of the East West collection........and it's all instantaneous....it's a fantastic improvement over anything else that's available. Yes East West has really come a long way, their products are great !!!!
2018/01/03 09:38:13
Glyn Barnes
I think its better than both the Kontakt factory library and Sampletank 3 which are the obvious competition.

I have it as part of composer cloud and will usually go to some of the other more detailed instruments but Goliath provides some very nice, low resource options.
2018/01/03 11:20:05
djwayne
I just bought "Gypsy".
2018/01/03 11:53:17
cclarry
djwayne
I just bought "Gypsy".

The Violin in Gypsy is one of the best...
2018/01/03 12:02:24
djwayne
Yep, and so is the Flamenco Guitar.
2018/01/03 13:02:21
z1812
Over the years I have accumulated a number of East West Libraries. I also have SampleTank, Kontakt, and Miroslav Orchestra. I rarely use them. The East West libraries are my main resource and I have been very happy with them.

Mind you, sample libraries are what I enjoy. I do not use Synths very much at all. Goliath was my first EW library and I still use it fairly often. In some instances I have preferred a Goliath sample to one from the more specialized Libraries.

The East West libraries I find least useful are Fab Four ( really only for Beatles Fans ), Voices of Passion ( there are better vocal libraries out there ), and Gypsy. When Gypsy came out it had the best solo violin and many bought it for that. Now there are better solo violins at a better price point. Of course if you like Gypsy instruments it is a great library.

It is all a matter of personal taste.
2018/01/03 13:09:02
djwayne
I bought Gypsy mainly for the Flamenco guitar...I have a couple songs that it will sound great on. The viloin is very sweet but sad sounding.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account