2013/07/30 01:38:24
Allan123
Hi,

Good day to all. I'm just new here and badly need help. Does anybody here knows any software or service where I can transcribe my audio files into text?  I have tons of it in different formats and I have no time listening to all of it and transcribe it into words. I'm willing to spend a few bucks for it but better if it will be free.

Thanks,
Allan
2013/07/30 06:03:14
Kalle Rantaaho
Welcome to the forum!
What do you mean by "text" in audio context? Notation? I don't understand how audio could be transcribed to text.
Do you mean tagging with keywords describing the contents?
2013/07/30 11:25:17
jerrypettit
I'm guessing you are talking about audio files like podcasts and ebooks?  I don't think that the technology has quite "arrived" for that, but Dragon NaturallySpeaking seems to be the popular one.  Windows 7 (and 8?) have built-in audio to text features also.
2013/07/30 11:58:18
Kalle Rantaaho
Of course! My bad. I was stuck to thinking about music :o/
2013/07/31 02:52:46
jasonrock30
Good day to all as well.

Just want to share this as I have the same problem a week ago and also ask help in some forums. And these all wrapped up to my conclusion.

Using online speech to text services you can convert audio files to text document easily and its more reliable than downloaded software.

Dragon is the most commonly used but can't be taken for professional purposes since you still have to train it.

You may also try a service like speechtotextservice.com or you can hire in elance, freelance, odesk, etc.

But one thing is for sure. As of the present technology in transcription, still nothing is free, unless you still do the work.

Hope this adds up FYI.
2013/08/01 01:01:01
Allan123
Thanks for your suggestions. Will definitely try those out as I'm a bit desperate and time pressured. Hope there still some other suggestions to come. Will keep you posted.
2013/08/01 04:29:04
vstbuzz
I'd say you should look on fiverr.com - there are plenty of people on there who offer services for $5 and you'll find someone there I'm sure!
2013/08/01 11:22:44
jerrypettit
+1 for online freelance services.  I have used getafreelancer.com (which apparently is defunct and redirects to freelancer.com) to get a quick simple computer programming job, and got bids overnight from folks in India, etc., who will work for MUCH CHEAPER than getting it done here.  I'm sure a lot of folks would do audio transcription for the $5/hr. figure.  Plus you're helping the World Economy. :-)
2013/08/29 01:56:17
tanvi12
My friend had also used the service above mentioned by Jason rock. It provides good quality and also faster than expected. Try it.
2018/01/03 09:30:57
rebeccadaviz
I've used an Online Service Provider named Transcription Services US to Transcribe my Audio Projects.One of my Colleague referred Transcription Services US and  they really Fantastic.They Transcribed my Project in a Quick Turnaround at affordable Cost.The Quality was Great and they have an Excellent Customer Support Team as well.I'd love to recommend them.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account