2014/10/31 00:49:55
RangerChad
Hello, I just recently bought Z3ta +2 and I have never in my life even dealt with anything like this. I am currently trying to recreate this theme "The Forest Temple" from Ocarina of Time. (Won't let me put a link because of spam protection(?) Anyway, if you are familiar with it or wish to be just search it up on YouTube.
I was wondering if anybody could let me know if making the rattle-like noise that loops through out the whole tune is possible, by making it sound if not exactly but very close at it sounds in the video using Z3ta +2.
My reason for buying something I have absolutely no clue what I am doing is because I wanted to gain a new hobby and skill. The reason I chose this theme is because it's one of my favorites. If anybody could answer my curiosities or give a new guy a tip towards completing what I chose to be my first task with music making please let me know!

Thanks you very much! 

PS If this is in the wrong section I apologize.
2014/10/31 09:15:09
Paul P

Welcome RangerChad.

It might be useful for you to describe your level of expertise in using synths in general so people can talk to you in the appropriate language.  You say you're new to z3ta+2 but are you also new to synth programming ?  Also, what DAW are you using ?

There are a few sound design experts around here that should have a lot more to say than I can since I'm also pretty new to the trade.  I like the particular sound you're looking to reproduce so I'll be reading with interest any comments from others.

2014/10/31 13:10:46
RangerChad
I am completely new to any form of music creation, and I have no idea what a DAW is. So far I have come really close to recreating the rattle-like sound but I feel like no matter what adjustments I make it just isn't near enough and there is something missing.
2014/11/10 08:24:39
Paul P

Hey RangerChad, sorry to take so long getting back with this. 

A DAW is a Digital Audio Workstation, a program that emulates a recording studio on your computer. 
See here for a list of the more popular ones.

Here are a few places to get started with synth programming :

Synth Secrets a long series of articles published in the Sound on Sound magazine :

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

How to Make a Noise: a Comprehensive Guide to Synthesizer Programming
A free e-book which comes with sample programs by Simon Cann :

http://noisesculpture.com/how-to-make-a-noise-a-comprehensive-guide-to-synthesizer-programming

Digital Sound Factory Z3TA2 Sound Design a video on using z3ta+2 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovre1jS-I0A

That should keep you busy for a while. 

2014/11/10 13:35:11
Wookiee
Hi Chad you may also like to post a link in the songs forum lots of peeps there will be only to happy to give sound advice.  You need to make at least 3 more posts before you post active links.  I would also follow Paul's links which are all excellent material. 
2014/11/10 14:06:54
RangerChad
Awesome, this will take me some time to look through lol. When I got Z3ta +2 I also got Cakewalk Music Creator 6 Touch as a package deal, is that also a DAW? Did not see it one the link you sent me so I was just curious. Is there a way to send the sound sample I have created so far without posting it on YouTube to link it in the forums?
2014/11/10 14:15:02
Wookiee
You could try soundcloud this is the login page so you can set up an account lots of peeps use it for sound bites even Cakewalk.
2014/11/10 19:28:55
Paul P
RangerChad
I also got Cakewalk Music Creator 6 Touch as a package deal, is that also a DAW?

I haven't used it but it looks like a scaled down version of Sonar.

If it can record, playback, include effects and host synths, it's a daw.

2014/11/10 20:05:30
gswitz
http://www.youtube.com/user/Syntorial1

Syntorial is cool and it comes with special lessons in Zeta2.
2014/11/10 20:15:05
RangerChad
I ran the Music Creator 6 for the first time after you said it was, I could very easily just copy the sound in there by playing the whole song in the Creator and high lighting the section then copying it.. However I like the challenge of forcing myself to listen to a loop for hours on end tweaking it here and there haha. I think I have spent 10 hours on this one sound...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account