2014/11/10 20:44:29
swamptooth
Hi Chad and welcome!

I took a listen to the clip, and it's kind of a wood-blocky sound - very delayed.  I would recommend taking a look in the factory content.  since it sounds percussive, start with the percussion category.  the other place to listen for something similar is the "short and plucked synth" category.  I'd in particular take a look at the underwater bells patch.  change the eq on it a bit and play with the filter cutoffs and resonances and turn all three delays on with different syncs - but it sounds triplet-y so experiment with syncs that end in t for triplet.  
I think this patch in particular is a good place to start from.

This is fun stuff - crazy maddening at times but I haven't found anything I enjoy quite as much!
Good luck!
2014/11/10 21:53:42
RangerChad
I will check that out, I am going to post what I have done so far in the "songs" section like I was informed to.
2014/11/11 10:25:08
AT
Welcome, Ranger.  Esp. to the Cake family.  As you have discovered, Music Creator is Cake's intro DAW for recording MIDI and audio and manipulating them (my favorite analogy is the word processor).  Z3TA 2 is Cake's virtual analog (VA) synth, where a few sample wave shapes can be manipulated just like the analog synth of yore.  Soundcloud (and soundclick) are websites where you can post your songs or sounds and others can play them.  You basically have everything you need to create songs and publish them.

As to your sound, you can post links once you've posted 25 ... posts.  That is to help w/ the spam we get on site.  You'll find a lot of good people on the Songs forum.  Most are guitar-based, but they don't bite if you are more synth based.  In fact, even tho they are limited to 6 strings, they still have very good ideas about sound and song structure and performance and the engineering side of things.

I couldn't track down your sound, google kept sending me to game descriptions.  Soundcloud makes it easy for us to go to one place and hear what you are talking about.  Hopefully, you'll get that sorted out.

Most importantly, have ya some fun.

@
2014/11/11 14:33:04
RangerChad
Yeah, I just need to find out a lot of posts to reply to. Then you can hear what I have done so far to replicate this sound. I feel like I am being a little to ambitious, but that's usually how I am.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account