2014/11/18 16:28:18
Carlo Celuque
Hi Sonar friends,
Most of the pianos I have tried doesn`t sound so good on the left bottom side when playing heavy strikes. Those sounds doesn`t bring out too many louder natural piano harmonics.

I would like to know your opinion about True Piano Vs Sound Center Digital Sound Factory Steinway Grand Piano!

Which one do you guys think that sounds more like a real piano?

Thank you
2014/11/18 22:55:03
musichoo
Are you referring to the Amber module in Sonar or full version? My experience of piano vst has been a slow learning and expensive one. I own at least 5 different piano vst and make to make the long story short my favourite one is Pianoteq 5 and second is Native Instruments's Alicia Keys. 

The amber module that come with sonar is definitely the best piano included in sonar. I have not try the SCDSF steinway. However I have heard a demo of DSF's HD yamaha and steinway and felt that they are not realistic enough dynamically.

I got my Native Instruments's Alicia Keys for only 50 bucks during their nov or dec sale. It's coming soon after thanksgiving so watch out.

https://soundcloud.com/musichoo/remembering-you
This is performed with Native Instruments's Alicia Keys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GywenwtI6g&list=UULr5jMKP7D9ky8ehrHF2BGA
This is performed with Pianoteq 5.

Cheers
2014/11/19 02:00:43
Splat
I have Komplete Ultimate 9 yet I prefer XLN Addictive keys. Sounds fantastic.
2014/11/19 06:34:47
Carlo Celuque
Thank you for your responses.
I was referring to the True Pianos Amber that comes bundled with X3 Producer
Most of the pianos I have tried lack some acoustic resonance in the lower botton end when we strike a fortissimo. As a piano player we know the real power of this botton end.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
2014/11/19 18:33:01
dubdisciple
I don't own the other modules, but it has been said often on this board hat the Amber module may be the weakest of the True Piano modules.  Another +1 for Addictive keys.  I managed to get it on sale for only $29 last year and it is my go to piano now.  Granted, I'm not a pianist.  i just find that the XLN piano sits better in mixes than Amber for me.
2014/11/20 03:30:00
Scoot
Seems to be a free version of Addictive Keys Studio on JRRshop. There is a demo on the addictive keys site, so I'm not sure if this is the same as the demo, but could be worth checking out

www.jrrshop.com/freestuff/xln-audio-studio-grand-free

Note I used JRR on sunday to get Addictive drums adpaks, and it took just over 2 days to receive the registration codes. So If you do offer, don't stress if you don't hear anything for a few days.
2014/11/20 10:55:47
Carlo Celuque
Thank you for your advices friends.

I have been to th JRRshop in order to get the free version of Addictive Keys Studio Piano but it has a serious limitations of 4 octaves! This is very limited for a piano!

Thank you very much.

Limitations in Free Version:

• 3 of the 6 recorded microphone perspectives
  • 49 of the 88 keys (4 octaves)
2014/11/20 11:55:06
Scoot
Ah so more of a useable for some taster. Maybe download the demo from their site, it may be different set up. May give you more of an idea if that the road to go down.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account