2015/08/21 14:17:46
mesayre
Hey there,
   I often want to move an entire track (including its data) from one project to another. I will have done a nice piece of sound design in one cue of a film, and then want to move it to another to re-use - maybe a particular whoosh or guitar figure. Or just moving ideas between versions of things Right now my options for doing this are not very streamlined:
  • Use a track template - but then doing a second operation to export/copy the audio and MIDI from project A and import to project B
  • Simply drag the entirety of project A onto project B's timeline and delete everything I don't need - including going through all the synths in the browser and deleting all the extra ones that just got added. Blech. 
So I'd like to suggest a couple of options for improvement:
  1. Allow data (audio & midi) as part of a track template.
  2. Let me choose which tracks to import if I bring one project into another. Might be nice to have "CWP" as an option in the File->Import menu that lets me get more specific. Or just a dialog when drag-dropping a sonar file.

Thanks for considering.
2015/08/21 19:38:49
BobF
Great idea
2015/08/22 07:37:58
icontakt
mesayre
  1. Allow data (audio & midi) as part of a track template. 

If there are linked clips in the track, please make them still linked (to one another) when imported as part of a track template. All my projects have lots of linked MIDI clips, and when I copy and paste those clips into my newly created custom project template, the clips get unlinked and I have to manually recreate the linked groups.

2015/08/22 08:15:26
mettelus
It would be awesome to have an import dialog that would tap into another project, then list out tracks (with track state, plugs, dependencies, etc.), and then allow for a user to select tracks and have them imported identical to the previous project (data, FX, automation, and even the busses).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account