• Software
  • Korg User Net Frustrations - UPDATE - Usernet will be discontinued
2017/12/05 14:26:34
Glyn Barnes
My Korg Legacy Collection has lost its authorisation, not for the first time, its not quite a sensitive to Windows updates as XLN but its still a pain.

Unfortunately I have forgotten my password and there seems to be an error in the password reset as I just get this when enter my details in the password recovery. Any one have any ideas, there does not seem to be any contact details on the Usernet site.

System error '80131501'
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
/Common/CM_SendMail.asp, line 11

EDIT - Forget it - I just dug the password out of the deep recess of my memory (upper/lowercase issues)
2017/12/05 20:21:44
Jeff Evans
Glad you got in!  I have had to re-authorise Wavestation on occasions.  Simply re download a new license and you will be all good to go.  It is all an automatic process.  Once done it should just start as per normal.  Mine went south when I cloned my C drive some years ago and replaced it as it was making a squeaky type sound.  Everything else was fine.

I had to reauthorise Studio One as well.  With that you have control over your authorisations in Studio One.  You get 5 and if you use an extra one in order to make it work again, you can go in and mange your authorisations.  You can remove the extra one you just used and you get it back again.

Love the Korg synths though.  I have got MS20 and Polysix as well as  Wavestation and M1.  On iOS as well for me. They run real nice there too on an iPad.  They have done a wonderful job modelling their own synths.  Wavestation still sounds awesome to this day. 

I run everything on Win 7 and have not updated that in the last 6 years.  It proves you can maintain an operating system and still update everything else that is on it.  And all without issues.  This is harder to do in Win 10.  Operating system updates will not usually further anything to do with audio or midi.  They are mostly about something else.  Once you take your main DAW off the net then that need simply goes away too. 
2017/12/07 04:18:20
Martin Hines
If you ever have trouble with any Korg software you can always contact your country's Korg Distributor, e.g. Korg USA.  If necessary they can interface with the Korg User.net group.
2017/12/22 19:36:35
Glyn Barnes
Well Well - looks like Korg Usernet is not long for this world I received this today.

For Current Users of KORG Legacy Collection:
Announcement of Server Migration Accompanying Partial Termination of Service

We will soon be migrating our server to KORG ID and KORG Shop along with the partial termination of service of KORG USER NET. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that KORG Legacy Collection users may experience. We request that you follow the instructions on the page below to complete the migration procedures. Using the coupon code which will be issued, you will be able to switch from the KORG Legacy Collection series to KORG Collection.

KORG Legacy Collection - Special Bundle users will be able to add ARP ODYSSEY and upgrade to the "KORG Collection - Special Bundle" by using the coupon code (at a special price of US $49.99).

As I only have 4 products I don't qualify for the bundle deal but could buy the Oddesy for $69.99 if I was so inclined.

I migrated all of then to a new Korg account and install the updated versions. This went well enough, but it was slightly laborious. 

The also Say

A Synthesizer Collection Completely Reconstructed in Software
KORG Collection for Mac/Win is now available! Limited time sale.

Released in 2004, the KORG Legacy Collection was a pioneer of software synthesizers. Now in 2017, we are proud to announce the release of the updated KORG Collection featuring the addition of the ARP ODYSSEY.

You can now find in software the incredible sounds and feel of this unique analog hardware synth, the ARP ODYSSEY, re-issued by KORG. The updated Collection is equipped with new features especially suited to software, such as polyphonic compatibility and a rich, high-quality effects section.

Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to support AAX format and refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements but until then we hope you love all the new features so far and enjoy making music with the KORG Collection of synthesizers offered by KORG.

To commemorate the release of KORG Collection for Mac/Win is a limited time sale. Don’t miss this great opportunity to pick up the renewed KORG Collection at this special price. The sale lasts until January 31, 2018.

Good to see there is some maintenance and development going on. I hope the authorization will be more stable after the updates.

2017/12/22 21:43:11
robbyk
So I am just reinstalling Sonar and my plugins on a new pc. I have the Korg Legacy Collection.

Would you say I should migrate first and then reinstall and authorize rather than reinstall these now and then migrate? So it is an updated product?

Thanks much for this info, I didn't get the email...
2017/12/22 21:59:42
robbyk
Or should I reinstall now ,then migrate and update? I take it that's the plan...

I did get the email but didn't pay attention to it. Thanks so much for the info!
2017/12/22 22:27:44
Glyn Barnes
I think you could just go with the new versions. You download a new installer from the new site.

When you log on to the old user net account you will get you migration codes, you "buy" the products again from the new site and the codes reduce the price to zero. You receive new downloads and activation codes. I had to do each synth independently, laborious! Might be different if you have the bundle.
2017/12/22 22:39:57
anydmusic
Glyn Barnes
I think you could just go with the new versions. You download a new installer from the new site.

When you log on to the old user net account you will get you migration codes, you "buy" the products again from the new site and the codes reduce the price to zero. You receive new downloads and activation codes. I had to do each synth independently, laborious! Might be different if you have the bundle.

I have the bundle and had to download everything individually.
2017/12/22 23:29:34
robbyk
Glyn Barnes

In process, boy this is tedious like you say...

Thanks so much for the info, very helpful!
2017/12/23 01:01:48
cecelius2
Thanks for posting.  This is very frustrating.  Everytime I try to apply my migration coupon, it just hangs, and then gets error messages.  The new Korg Shop just hangs and then gets error messages saying it took too long to respond.  I have tried Chrome and Firefox and it is the same with both.  The Korg shop just hangs and never completes the process of applying the coupon.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account