• Software
  • Korg User Net Frustrations - UPDATE - Usernet will be discontinued (p.4)
2017/12/25 21:13:04
scook
Got my order placed, received links along with the product code (I had the bundle). Unfortunately, the setup files only install the 32bit versions.
2017/12/25 21:20:05
shawker
scook, the 64 bit versions installed fine here.  I have M1 and Wavestation.
2017/12/25 21:31:42
shawker
The standalone apps are 32bit, the vst plugins are 32 and 64 bit.
2017/12/25 21:37:51
scook
That is not what I received. I have the bundle. The zips for previous distributions included separate 32 and 64 bit setup files. These all include a single setup files for each synth that make no mention of 64bit and only install the 32bit files.
OK, I see what they did. KORG installed the 64bit dlls but neglected to inform where. I found them in "C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\KORG"
2017/12/25 22:02:41
shawker
On my systems the standalone apps and the 32bits vsts were installed in Program File (x86)\KORG\KORG Legacy, the 64bit vsts were installed in my 64bit vst folder, and the old versions of the 32bit vsts were left in my 32bit vst folder.  The new installers leave a bit to be desired, but everything turned up somewhere.
2017/12/25 22:35:40
scook
Yeah, the installers need work. FYI, for those using Legacy Cell (available for free if you own MS-20/Polysix/MDE-X), make sure to keep the old installer. There is no new installer.

If you do happen to have the three plug-ins and failed to get a copy of Legacy Cell, now is the time before User Net goes away.
2017/12/29 23:08:21
Jeff Evans
I have just gone through this process and it all went very smooth. I have Wavestation, M1 and MS20. I actually uninstalled all the previous installs and re installed all the new stuff fine.

I think the new installs would have gone right into the same folder for me anyway which was in Program Files/VST Plugins so I guess they would all have been over written anyway.

2017/12/30 17:05:35
robbyk
Yup I did my legacy collection after installing the original synths on my new pc, then migrated and all went very well although a lot of busy work. And like Scook said, Legacy Cell untouched. It will be interesting to see what comes of this?
2018/01/02 17:46:42
JonD
I have 4 of the individual synths, and can't seem to figure out how to migrate/purchase them all in one transaction.

The first one worked fine.  I copied the discount code, then used the link to the shopping cart and applied coupon.  Price reduced to $0 -- so far so good!

But once the second one is added to cart, the same screen (with the first item) comes up with the coupon field already filled.  If I try to replace the coupon code, the first discount cancels out!  ... Do we have to buy each one individually?!
2018/01/02 17:52:04
anydmusic
scook
Yeah, the installers need work. FYI, for those using Legacy Cell (available for free if you own MS-20/Polysix/MDE-X), make sure to keep the old installer. There is no new installer.

If you do happen to have the three plug-ins and failed to get a copy of Legacy Cell, now is the time before User Net goes away.

The LegacyCell installer is included in my new account.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account