2017/12/25 07:01:22
soens
Not much being said about it here. I have it and like it. For a simple DAW it does a lot of nice things.

The 1st major CON I just discovered today. When you go to the Library and pick on one of the hundreds of samples, you're actually downloading them from their server. The sounds aren't on your computer. Since mine is currently offline I can't access any of the samples. Not liking that at all.
2017/12/25 07:09:09
Larry Jones
I was trying the demo when news of the Samplitude deal hit. I was liking it, too, because it was easy to use, but Samplitude seemed/seems more robust, and after I bought Samplitude I was out of money. Might still try to get in on the crossgrade.
2017/12/25 07:50:19
soens
I've been trying the lot and Samplitude seemed nice but kept acting strangely on my system. I settled with Mixcraft and Studio One 3.
2017/12/25 10:19:34
synkrotron
No sends on the busses eliminated Mixcraft from my enquiries.

By the way, I am not really here...
2017/12/25 11:51:03
soens
No but it has 4 different kinds of tracks...

1. Normal tracks - route to Send tracks, SubMix tracks, Output busses, or Master output.
    Has FXs, 3 band EQ, MSR, Sends

2. Send tracks - route to Output busses or Master output.
    Reside in Master section.
    Has FXs, 3 band EQ, MS, no R, no Sends

3. Output busses - route to any hardware sound device, mono and stereo.
    Reside in Master section.
    Has FXs, 3 band EQ, no MSR, no Sends

4. SubMix tracks - route to other SubMix tracks, Output busses, or Master output.
    Reside in track section. Route as many tracks to them as you want.
    Act like Sub Group channels on hardware decks.

5. Master output - route to only one hardware source set in Preferences.
2017/12/26 00:35:10
BENT
Loving it 

2017/12/26 17:12:00
riojazz
Mixcraft meets my needs so far.
2017/12/27 01:23:51
AT
mixcraft is simple yet extremely functional and feels familiar coming from SONAR.
2017/12/28 08:22:40
ampfixer
I will be getting Mixcraft and Reaper. Mixcraft does just about everything I need, with the exception of Ripple Editing. Right now that's very important to me. I love that it's very easy to work with and quite powerful. For my basic needs it's perfect. Reaper will be my go to for voice over editing simply because it has that feature.

I'm not abandoning Sonar yet, but the way they've handled this shutdown makes me want to. Too quiet for too long and no sign that Sonar will ever be un-tethered from computers that could go at any time. Kind of makes me feel like a chump to still tell people about how great Sonar is.
2017/12/29 18:55:58
InstrEd
ampfixer

I'm not abandoning Sonar yet, but the way they've handled this shutdown makes me want to. Too quiet for too long and no sign that Sonar will ever be un-tethered from computers that could go at any time. Kind of makes me feel like a chump to still tell people about how great Sonar is.

I feel the same way. It's not that they are closing shop, but how they did it and not having the codes to
authorize the software offline like before. I'm really at this point a hobbyist. I took advantage of the Tracktion offer for half off the half off sale price. Really digging the program.

I also took advantage of the Samplitude offer and liking what it can do with it's object oriented design.
The Spectral editor is really cool and burn a CD master right from the program. Also the staff view isn't
to bad (ha ha ha)

Mixcraft would of never been on my radar if it wasn't for them posting the crossgrade offer here.
I have watched the videos and the performance panel is perfect for some projects I have on the back
burner  Decision, Decision, Decision.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account