2017/12/30 00:06:39
JonD
soens
The 1st major CON I just discovered today. When you go to the Library and pick on one of the hundreds of samples, you're actually downloading them from their server. The sounds aren't on your computer. Since mine is currently offline I can't access any of the samples. Not liking that at all.

Hm, I have a designated Mixcraft library folder with 640MB of sounds, so there must be a way to download them.  It's been a while and I'm not a big loop user so I don't recall how I did it....

Okay, I "think" I found it:  File -- Prefs -- Library -- Loop library download (There are three groups available).
2017/12/30 01:54:44
michael diemer
Doesn't work for me, as you can only have one instrument in score view. Also, I recall that it was unstable while demoing an earlier version, though that may have been fixed,
2017/12/30 22:39:47
soens
JonD
soens
The 1st major CON I just discovered today. When you go to the Library and pick on one of the hundreds of samples, you're actually downloading them from their server. The sounds aren't on your computer. Since mine is currently offline I can't access any of the samples. Not liking that at all.

Hm, I have a designated Mixcraft library folder with 640MB of sounds, so there must be a way to download them.  It's been a while and I'm not a big loop user so I don't recall how I did it....

Okay, I "think" I found it:  File -- Prefs -- Library -- Loop library download (There are three groups available).

Those are the online locations you can download from.

I don't remember downloading any of them, but after you posted my library now has 365 MBs of samples in the Loops folder and they are accessible offline.
2017/12/31 05:57:15
AT
When you click on a clip in the browser it will download, along with other associated clips.  There is an option to download a bunch at once.
2017/12/31 11:35:51
Skyline_UK
I'm hovering on the brink of trying Mixcraft.
- Are there any hotkeys in Mixcraft or the ability to make shortcuts or tool icons?
For example, I notice on one of the YT videos that to change a track colour you have to right click on the Track header left), click Properties, click Colour.
- Is there an equivalent to Sonar's Shift F to view the whole project?

Thanks.
John

2017/12/31 17:03:18
Cactus Music
Funny thing was I saw the crossgrade offer and downloaded Mixbus by mistake :) I eneded up purchasing Mix bus for $30 for no other reason than it was Cheap.
 I then downloaded the demo for Mixcraft and played around creating a midi only project. I'll say one thing is the default GM player is real nice. I think it sounds better than TTS-1 for sure. I also liked the note names in the PRV inside each note. I made a whole song without reading the manual which is one way I like to try stuff. So I give it a thumbs up, but there was no point waisting $100 or what ever the offer was as until Sonar dies it would just sit in limbo and I wouldn't be using it. Also is it was like using X3 Studio which I already own, so I filled it away as a possible DAW 6 years from now. 
2017/12/31 17:24:47
yellowcake64
Bought the crossgrade deal. $99. Really liking it so far :-)

Dave
2017/12/31 19:02:46
JonD
soens
Those are the online locations you can download from.

I don't remember downloading any of them, but after you posted my library now has 365 MBs of samples in the Loops folder and they are accessible offline.

Isn't that what you were asking?  Without buying the boxed version, I don't know where else you'd expect to get them (except from online).

Anyway, apparently MC does do some downloading in the background.  Do you have the regular or Pro Studio version of MC8?  I have MC8 Pro Studio and the samples folder is 640MB... So I'm guessing you either have a "lower" version, or you will have to manually download all of the groups to get the rest.
2018/01/01 12:41:38
soens
I know dis. I have Pro. I just don't remember downloading 365MB of samples, but maybe I did.

BTW, referring to it as MC8 makes me think of Music Creator.
2018/01/01 21:01:23
backwoods
I got it and like it a lot as it is almost a 64bit Project 5v2-- complete with ability to integrate third party audio editor and slighty gimpy way to create fade ins/fade outs.

Miss having the flyout Quadcurve on every track though and can't see a way to make track templates complete with third party plugs to remedy this
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account