2014/05/12 22:37:30
musiccontinuum
I've read through the following post: Proteus VX plugin works in X1 & Dim Pro Installation Problem...and Proteus VX Libraries won't install, but doesn't seem to address my display issue. The plug-in loads, but the display is useless. Of course, it displays and runs fine in stand-alone mode, but not within X2 Producer (x64).

Anyone run into a similar display issue with another plug-in, or better yet, fixed this issue with Proteus VX?

Attached Image(s)

2014/05/12 22:48:28
scook
It looks like the Proteus VX is running inside BitBridge, I have only read of success using jBridge in 64bit SONAR. May want to demo jBridge.
2014/05/12 23:12:27
Glyn Barnes
I never got it to work perfectly in 64-Bit Sonar (I have not tried since Sonar 8.5), even with JBridge I had to jump through hoops. http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/1868754

In the end I gave up on it.

If its essential, I suggest you install the 32 bit version of Sonar (both 64 and 32 bit versions can co-exist) and use that when you need to use Proteus VX. You can create WAV files of the tracks and add them to you 64 bit projects.
2014/05/15 20:37:12
musiccontinuum
When I try jBridge it crashes X2. I'll install x32 of X2 (Thanks Glyn).

I like Proteus VX for it's multi-channel ability, and only wish the Dim Pro would follow suit. Is there anything comparable to Proteus VX that's not over $150?

Thanks for the replies.
2014/05/25 23:28:19
Glyn Barnes
musiccontinuum
When I try jBridge it crashes X2. I'll install x32 of X2 (Thanks Glyn).

I like Proteus VX for it's multi-channel ability, and only wish the Dim Pro would follow suit. Is there anything comparable to Proteus VX that's not over $150?

Thanks for the replies.

I have not checked back here for a while. Kontakt is the obvious choice but its outside your price range.

Below $150? well IK multimedia have all sorts of sales and promotions on Sampletank. Its a similar generation to VX and still 32 bit. It does contain alot of decent if slightly dated sounds. It works for me in 32 bit X3 but others but some people have problems. Sampletank 3 has been long promised but seems beset by endless delays in its release.

Within you price range Independence Basic is $130 and has a reasonable range of factory instruments, obviously Pro has a lot more, but is more expensive. You can try the free version

You may do beter asking the question on the Software forum. Also a place to find out about good deals on third party music software.
2014/05/27 23:02:15
musiccontinuum
Thanks Glyn, I downloaded Independence (was this YellowTools at one time?) and also found KOMPLETE ELEMENTS ($49), which is limited compared to something like KOMPLETE 9 ($499). I have an existing account with them, but can't recall why; maybe Guitar Rig. I've downloaded their free demo for now.

So at a minimum I have something to work with. And you're right, this should have been posted at the other forum, but didn't see that one until now.

I'll re-post there to see if there any further suggestions.
2014/10/21 23:52:20
musiccontinuum
300th time is the charm...
I re-ran jbridge (still just demo version, plan on purchasing just because it solved this issue!) and I was able to get Pro XV to work; seriously one happy camper here!
2014/10/22 00:33:05
musiccontinuum
Solved...sort of. Runs VX within X3, but doesn't save the mapped VX presents as well as some oddities with the UI.
2014/10/22 09:40:14
robert_e_bone
I had some preset issues with other 32-bit plugins being bridged into a 64-bit Sonar, with regard to it forgetting settings next time I launched the given project.

I think I ended up saving the plugin settings as a preset, and then if I recall correctly it either started getting it properly loaded, OR I could load the preset I had created.  I subsequently made a deliberate choice to move completely away from using any 3rd-party 32-bit plugins in any new projects in a 64-bit Sonar, and it all eventually just took care of itself, over time.

I DO have a 32-bit X3 installed, in case I have to reference one of those 32-bit plugins, but it very rarely comes up these days, for me.

Bob Bone

2014/10/22 21:09:21
musiccontinuum
Thanks Bob helps validate what I've been thinking, which is to let it go trying to make it work. I've uninstalled VX and back to moving on. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account