2014/11/01 15:23:00
Briankw
Rapture shows up in my synth rack more than once.  When I click on Rapture a menu comes up showing 3 raptures to click on.  As long as I click on the middle rapture it comes up ok.  But when I click on the other raptures one fails to load and the other asked for a serial number and reg number.  How do I uninstall the 2 unwanted raptures.  When I look into the folders I see 3 Rapture.dll files labeled as rapture(2).dll and rapture(3).dll.  If I delete these dll files rapture doesn't work at all.  But as long as I keep these files the middle rapture will run ok.
Keith

2014/11/01 16:01:40
scook
Something other than a standard SONAR X3 install happened on this machine. Cakewalk installers did not create rapture(2).dll and rapture(3).dll. Those extra dlls look like an attempt to copy files at the OS level. Is X3 the only version of SONAR on this machine?

2014/11/01 18:11:45
Briankw
No,
I kept Sonar 8.5, I upgraded to X3 so I was using sonar 8.5 and X3 interchangeably until I got use to the X3 interface. Now that I'm becoming comfortable with X3 I barely run 8.5.  If I try removing the other raptures by deleting rapture(2) and rapture(3) nothing works. So I restored the files and Everything is working fine as long as I choose the right rapture vst.

Keith

2014/11/01 18:30:53
scook
There is something missing in this story. Cakewalk overwrites rapture.dll during the install process. It seems like there were attempts to manually merge VST directories and rather than overwrite files, the copy process was told to copy but retain both files. If the "middle rapture...comes up ok", it would appear the valid installation is the rapture(2).dll. This is because by default SONAR orders plug-ins alphabetically by folder, by plug-in name. This would lead me to remove rapture.dll and rapture(3).dll. If this works, I would rename rapture(2).dll to rapture.dll.

If the delete and rename does not work, you might be able to get away with removing the 3 dlls and run the X3 installer, take the advanced install option selecting Rapture from the pick list. If that does not fix it, there is a more elaborate process to perform a clean install. But let's see if one of these options works.
2014/11/01 18:33:36
scook
Something else you will want to do (if you have not already) http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013315/SONAR-X3-Full-VST-Rescan-Recommended-for-Upgraders It will not take care of multiple copies of the plug-in dll though.
2014/11/01 19:04:44
Briankw
Ok,
I will give this a try.
Thanks,
Keith

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account