2014/11/08 22:34:25
squo
Hi all.  I am running into a frustrating issue with session drummer 3.  I have it all loaded up as a midi track, etc and all my drum parts are recorded.  I want to assign a particular drum to a particular note, but when I select the drum sound (tambourine for example) somehow now multiple notes are triggering the same sound - tambourine.  So the note that used to play splash now plays tambourine as will as several other notes and I have lost my splash.  Guessing I am screwing up the assigning of the sounds to notes somehow, or missing a MIDI technique, but can't figure it out and not much good documentation on this.

Appreciate any help from the forum experts, thanks.
2014/11/08 22:54:24
scook
The note assignments in Session Drummer are hardwired. Refer to the "Using the drum pads" section of the Session Drummer help for the note mapping. That said, there are a couple of ways to work around the Session Drummer mapping.

Creating a drum map - drum maps can translate incoming midi data to play different notes in Session Drummer.

Creating custom sfz files - sfz files are responsible for telling Session Drummer which samples are associated with a note.

2014/11/08 23:11:34
tomixornot
You can also use another soft synth for more sound. For me, I use SD3 for the main drums and Dimension Pro for additional sounds : cowbells, claps, congas, etc.. or you can also open up 2 or more instances of SD3.
2014/11/09 18:55:10
squo
Thanks for the suggestions (love this forum).  I like tomixornot's (good handle BTW) thought on using something else for the percussion as that leaves core sounds (existing mapping) with SD3 and I don;t have to muck with it.  Having said that I really need to learn more MIDI techniques and will try to remap the drum pads also.
2014/11/09 19:06:38
squo
scook, part of my problem is that I can't find any SD help notes of user guide. Don't see anywhere on the SD VST interface that leads to a help file (no menu links or anything) and on searching for a user guide online I only get links to this forum.  Can you point me to a help file or user guide for SD ?
2014/11/09 19:27:03
Paul P
squo,
After clicking anywhere on the SD3 interface, hit F1.  The help file should appear.
There appears to be quite a bit of info.

2014/11/09 20:22:56
squo
Great.  Thanks Paul.
2014/11/09 20:51:34
scook
I forget to mention the Session Drummer note assignments are also shown when right-clicking on the instruments in the UI. FWIW, the 64bit default help path is "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Session Drummer 3\Documentation\SessionDrummerxhm"
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account