2015/08/04 08:21:04
trtzbass
Hi - I've been using Studio one and Digital Performer and I found the punch guard feature to be very useful.
In a nutshell it means that when you press record you have up to ten seconds of audio already recorded and available by just adjusting the left track boundary. Hard to explain - it's better shown in this video: https://youtu.be/W_WocJDHtsI?t=57s
Opinions?

Thanks for listening, btw - I'm enjoying Sonar more than ever
2015/08/05 05:06:21
LJB
I think PT also has that option. it keeps the HDD running through a 10secs buffer when tracks are armed is what I figure... Like a PVR, actually. Cool idea..

Would be a good feature for all recording actually. I avoid using punch-ins and pre-count tracking because it's nearly impossible to nail the exact first beat.
 But then, I am a bassist.... Others may be more cleverer.
2015/08/05 20:25:59
trtzbass
I am working with this guy who is a phenomenal pianist but sometimes needs to overdub a few rough passages, to patch them up, you know. He would start playing at random whenever he feels he knows where he is.
With Sonar I need to watch for his (very subtle) cues and I missed a couple of crucial notes a couple times.
Now if I had the punch guard system in place, I could have just relaxed and once he starts playing I hit record with the certainty that the few seconds before that have been captured anyway. This is just one of the examples I can bring to the table to reinforce my proposal for the feature!

2015/08/13 06:08:56
trtzbass
Uh I thought this would have gotten more love :)

2015/08/13 14:17:15
mesayre
I voted :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account