2015/08/10 12:26:01
BobF
A couple of handy little enhancements would be

1.  Allow more than one row to be expanded at a time
2.  Provide MUTE/SOLO function per row**

** #2 to work immediately instead of next loop iteration

2015/08/10 15:38:20
stevec
I'm not sure I'd need # 1, but # 2 sounds like a logical addition for UI consistency. 

2015/08/10 15:42:56
BobF
stevec
I'm not sure I'd need # 1, but # 2 sounds like a logical addition for UI consistency. 

#1 slapped me when I started fiddling with velocities between two rows.  Clicking the expand thingy got old fast.

#2 this one also slapped me when I had three or four rows poked in and wanted to here what it sounded like without one of them
2015/08/10 20:38:28
cryophonik
Yeah, I would make good use of both suggestions, particularly #1.  As for #2, I mostly use the SS for drums and I usually have each drum sound assigned to its own individual output (or grouped, e.g., hihats, toms), so I just mute/solo the respective track(s), but having them per row in the SS would certainly be an added layer of convenience for me.
2015/08/14 16:39:40
djserg
Hey Guys,

This is my first post. I've used Sonar since v2 XL. Every update has made Sonar and my productions so much better. I especially love the Step Sequencer 2.0 and use it in almost every project now. I can't wait for see what they do with SS 3.0.

1. I like this idea, it also bugged me at first. But, I then realized (and really like) that when switching between SS clips. The same row is already expanded for me, ready for review/edit. I make a lot of variations of SS clips in my drum loops, with slightly different patterns for verses/chorus/bridges and I find this feature very useful when I need to make changes across all the clips (which is also related to #2 - see below). I would hate to see this feature disappear to add multiple expanded views. Would be nice to have both thou.

2. Maybe I'm confused. But I use solo and mute on rows everyday in Step Sequencer. Especially in my variation clips where I want to solo a snare or mute a kick layer (for example).
You can see the "m" and "s" to the right of the note value:
And, I even remember using these in the original Step Sequencer 1.0 (although they were stacked on top each other and much smaller)

2015/08/14 19:05:18
mettelus
^^ I was also confused by the OP, as there are row M/S buttons now (viewable even with lanes collapsed). Are these not working for you?

Edit: I just checked these quick. They work but require looping back to bar 1 before they "take effect."
2015/08/15 07:07:33
BobF
mettelus - thanks for clarifying M/S 

I have a bad habit of starting to think about something else before I'm done typing the first thing I was thinking about.  I'm working on this, but progress is slow  :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account